Comptech exhaust

I just bought a 92. Does anyone know how much power the comptech exhaust is supposed to add? I have the exhaust, but I'm considering going back to stock. Also, I am considering swithing the tires and wheels to the 95-01 style. What is the original tire size for the those years?

Thanks,

Vince

From what I heard, the stock exhaust won't give you any noticeable power except for the sound. Since you have a 92, a better bet would be to swap out the manifold for a header like the comptech unit. I have a comptech header on my car with the stock exhaust and I can actually feel a difference. The car feels smoother and more peppy. Also, this is coming from a car thats an automatic, ur manual will probably even feel much faster than mine.

------------------
NA1 NSX-T
- Comptech Headers
- NA2 Brake Upgrade
- Eibach Springs
- Bilstein Shocks
- Zanardi F&R Sway Bar
- '02 OEM Wheels

I have a '91 and when it had about 60K on it I put a Comptech header and exhaust. I don't know what the numbers were before the install, but afterward the car made 271hp at the rear wheels. A F355 that same day made 275 rwhp.

Go figure.

Originally posted by Fordrecycler:
I am considering swithing the tires and wheels to the 95-01 style. What is the original tire size for the those years?

That's easy to find in the NSX FAQ (in the "Tire Tech" section here).

It's 215/45ZR16 front, 245/40ZR17 rear.

P.S. The style actually started in 1994.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 18 July 2002).]

Back