CompTech Exhaust?

Dennis in SE PA said:
I looked at a 95 NSX T today. It has a CompTech exhaust which appears to be a turbo charger. Anyone know anything about these? Damn that car was fast! :)

That really makes no sense at all...

It looked strange

The normal airbox was not there. It had tubing that I was told was connected to the exhaust. I checked the CompTech website. Apparently they make a supercharger kit, headers, exhaust, etc.Headers and exhaust would not equate to a connection to the air intake system. Damn the thing was FAST! but I am to that point in life (read - old) that power is not as important to me as it once was. If it is supercharged I guess I will pass on it. I have submitted a followup email inquiry to the dealer. When I sell my Boxster I am getting a red/tan NSX-T for sure. I have driven a few on test drives. Do all of the clutches release with the pedal so far out, or is that a sign of clutch wear as usual?

FYI:You'd know for sure if it was a Comptech SC if it had an supercharger unit on top of the engine. Like this:
PIC00014.jpg

If it did not look like this it's not a Comptech system since Comptech does not have a turbo kit.

It had tubing that I was told was connected to the exhaust
If this is true, it would be a turbo (not Comptech), possibly BEGI.

Sounds like the guy you're talking to is a little confused. :)

Dennis,

Glad you have decided to get serious about the NSX.

To answer your question, yes, the NSX clutch releases at about the top two inches of the pedal travel in most cases. However, there really is no way to know for sure how worn the clutch is unless you can find out when it was last replaced. Even with that information we still cannot account for how the previous owner drove the car. He may have been hard on the clutch.

Back