Compatibility w/ other Honda/Acura switches/buttons

Osiris_x11

Gold Member, Moderator: Marketplace
Would switches/buttons (to operate/toggle aftermarket accessories) originating from other Honda/Acura vehicles work in a NSX when attempting to hardwire or tap-into the fuse-box or directly?

Three examples:

- Using a foglights on/off switch from another Honda/Acura to power aftermarket driving-lamps installed in a NSX.

- Using a misc. on/off switch from another Honda/Acura to power an aftermarket mp3 player which is otherwise battery operated.

- Using a misc. on/off switch from another Honda/Acura to power a hidden/stealth radar detector.

I'm just inquiring about Honda/Acura switches/buttons as for possible compatibility as well as ergonomic consistency (Honda/Acura lineage of parts).

I don't have an answer to your question but I gotta tell you something.
You come up with some of the best questions I have ever seen. I really enjoy reading your posts because I know I will learn something everytime.
Keep it up.:smile:

Osiris_x11 said:
Would switches/buttons (to operate/toggle aftermarket accessories) originating from other Honda/Acura vehicles work in a NSX when attempting to hardwire or tap-into the fuse-box or directly?

Three examples:

- Using a foglights on/off switch from another Honda/Acura to power aftermarket driving-lamps installed in a NSX.

- Using a misc. on/off switch from another Honda/Acura to power an aftermarket mp3 player which is otherwise battery operated.

- Using a misc. on/off switch from another Honda/Acura to power a hidden/stealth radar detector.

I'm just inquiring about Honda/Acura switches/buttons as for possible compatibility as well as ergonomic consistency (Honda/Acura lineage of parts).

I know many work with the engine compartment fuse box for power(you need an inline fuse to make some of these work if not accessing a built in aux with dedicated fuse),and the footwell kick panel box as well . I cannot be certain about every switch coming down the pike but Honda did a good job IMO of providing many hookup access points for a wide array of add-ons. lots of close by ground points near the fuse boxs also. I dont know about the underhood box as I never hooked up aux items there. the ashtray and coin tray both make suitable mount points for various switches.

As long as the switch meets the power requirement (& you should always use a relay to switch any significant current anyway) & meets the form factor physically of where you intend to mount it, you should have no problems - whether Honda, Acura, Ford, GM or whatever!

Back