comparing the look of the murcialago, gallardo, NSX

I was looking at them and other than the wideness of the murcialago, none of them are as visually appealing as the NSX! Do others think the same?

Biased forum to ask that question dont you think?. Try asking it on the Lambo boards and see what response you get.

Armando

Well i have a freind thats got a 04 gallardo white color, and when i park my nsx next to it mine looks alot lower since i lowered it and heres what i think. The roof of my nsx lowered looks more exotic than the gallardo and so does the headlights and the hood ( the nsx looks like some big foot squished it fromt he top so it looks really nice). The rear end of the gallardo looks more like the cadilac that they just came out with and the interior well alot like an audi. The NSX on the other hand when lowered with all the other after market exotics including a set of nice racing rims looks more like a sports car to me. Just my opinion thanks.

MiamieNeSeX said:
Biased forum to ask that question dont you think?. Try asking it on the Lambo boards and see what response you get.

Armando

well some people have a good sense of style and some dont :biggrin:

There are many better looking cars than the NSX IMO. However, the NSX is still one of the best looking cars in the world IMO. I love just looking at it. I washed mine yesterday and just stared at its beauty.

IMO you can't compare those cars. The NSX is a nice looking sports car for an old design. The Gallardo is much hotter, and the Murci is way over the top in comparison.

As far as interiors, I do agree the Gallardo looks a lot like an Audi or VW (but there's a good reason for that). And I'd still rather see a new style Audi interior than a 16 year old Honda interior. If I could swap my NSX interior for a new Gallardo interior, I'd have done it like yesterday!

The NSX is very nice, but it does not in any way have the cool or shock & awe effect as the Lambos or Ferraris IMO.

Honda needs to either kill the car, or update the look and add more motor. At the very least give it a mild indy style V8.

Perfectly said. Do you read people's mind? :biggrin:
Deuce B said:
IMO you can't compare those cars. The NSX is a nice looking sports car for an old design. The Gallardo is much hotter, and the Murci is way over the top in comparison.

As far as interiors, I do agree the Gallardo looks a lot like an Audi or VW (but there's a good reason for that). And I'd still rather see a new style Audi interior than a 16 year old Honda interior. If I could swap my NSX interior for a new Gallardo interior, I'd have done it like yesterday!

The NSX is very nice, but it does not in any way have the cool or shock & awe effect as the Lambos or Ferraris IMO.

Honda needs to either kill the car, or update the look and add more motor. At the very least give it a mild indy style V8.

This is like a brunette, blond, and redhead. All uniquely sexy in their own way.

Just got rid of the Toshigi Dinosaur after 8 years. It sat next to my new Gallardo for a couple of months before it found its new home. Before that it sat next to various sports cars including a F360.
Come on guys ! The thing looks old; if it had been redesigned or drastically updated (as it should have been), the present look would be as aged as a second generation MR2 ! I still think it is one of the best all-round sports car I've ever owned; this is why it stayed with me for 8 years. It had qualitites that other exotics could not include for compromise. The Gallardo is the closest (IMO) to what a newer NSX should have been. My 6sp is as friendly to live with as an NSX, but way more powerful and YES, much prettier to look at.

bboxer said:
Just got rid of the Toshigi Dinosaur after 8 years. It sat next to my new Gallardo for a couple of months before it found its new home. Before that it sat next to various sports cars including a F360.
Come on guys ! The thing looks old; if it had been redesigned or drastically updated (as it should have been), the present look would be as aged as a second generation MR2 ! I still think it is one of the best all-round sports car I've ever owned; this is why it stayed with me for 8 years. It had qualitites that other exotics could not include for compromise. The Gallardo is the closest (IMO) to what a newer NSX should have been. My 6sp is as friendly to live with as an NSX, but way more powerful and YES, much prettier to look at.

Yup. Sorry, but the NSX is plainly outdated looking...even compared to a 350z. Is the NSX better looking than the 350z? Yup....but its still old looking. Now compared to a lambo..there is no competition. The NSX is designed by a japanese company who's design choices have always been more on the side of logic rather than passion (aka Dr. Spock and the vulcan's), where as the Euro counterparts would rather sacrifice rear visibility for drop dead looks. Why does my opinion matter? Because I'm a car designer myself.

Spinner said:
Because I'm a car designer myself.

For who?

I suppose I stand alone in saying that the Gallardo and Murcielago are quite ugly IMO. Different isn't always better, even if it's badged by a "oooh/ahh!" company and a heavy price tag. Yes, I've seen them in person inside and out. I consider my ol' FD (94 Rx7) much more elegant inside and out despite it's dated pop-up light look...

Oh, and in that, the NSX looks better. :P Outdated? Sure. But better, definitely. There's an overall general opinion that the 90's style cars are/were better looking than any of these newer 2000+ designs.

PhoenixDownVII said:
For who?

I suppose I stand alone in saying that the Gallardo and Murcielago are quite ugly IMO. Different isn't always better, even if it's badged by a "oooh/ahh!" company and a heavy price tag. Yes, I've seen them in person inside and out. I consider my ol' FD (94 Rx7) much more elegant inside and out despite it's dated pop-up light look...

Oh, and in that, the NSX looks better. :P Outdated? Sure. But better, definitely. There's an overall general opinion that the 90's style cars are/were better looking than any of these newer 2000+ designs.
I agree. Welcome to the forum, by the way!!

NSXCELERATE said:
I was looking at them and other than the wideness of the murcialago, none of them are as visually appealing as the NSX! Do others think the same?

lambos look better... sorry

man, can of worms...

I love my nsx, and its beautiful (esp with my new Lo Mein Ramen Type R wing)
but the Gallardo and Murci look more better/modern hands down IMHO (although thats not really rocket science. for the modern look)

that being said though, the NSX still looks classy without the overbearing look of the super exotics

although from watching the film the Island, that cadillac looks ALOT like the new BMW roadster Z8 thing.

I love the NSX and frankly think the "old" pop up headlight design still looks good today. Does it look like it was designed in the late '80's/early '90's? Yep. But it's still damn good looking.

I like the Murielago. Balanced, powerful and it looks like an exotic. Very attractive and IMO, much better and more homogeneous than the Diablo that it replaced.

The Gallardo is OK but at the risk of committing blasphemy, I don't think it's great. The front and sides are very nice, as is the interior. But the rear end looks cobbled on and to my eyes anyways, the car doesn't flow together.

Just my 2 cents.

I have always loved the looks of every Lambo that are inexistence and I love the look of Mueci and Gallardo from the front and sides BUT I can't stand their rear ends! They look like the ass of raped baboons! :biggrin:

lambos always look really hot until the new model comes outs... then the old one just looks... old.

i wonder how our nsx's will look when the replacement is launched.

I guess the gallardo isnt that bad, but how does the lambo stand up to the NSX maintenance wise? Is it as bad as the Ferrari?

Back