Coffee & Cars - April 2nd, 2011

Rumor has it that April 2nd's Coffee and Cars event will be held at the California Pizza parking lot (Galleria - Westheimer @ San Felipe I presume).

Stay tuned

Join us Saturday April 2nd for the next Houston Coffee & Cars. For April, we will be having our monthly gathering at the beautiful venue that is Vintage Park. While it is not central, it offers a beautiful atmosphere and everyone there is welcoming automotive enthusiasts!

Vintage Park
110 Vintage Park
Houston, TX 77070

Never heard of this place.....

Just googled it.

It's off Louetta

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=vintage+park+houston,+tx&fb=1&gl=us&hq=vintage+park&hnear=Houston,+TX&cid=0,0,841500020311574348&t=h&ll=29.995976,-95.572128&spn=0.006295,0.006295&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=vintage+park+houston,+tx&fb=1&gl=us&hq=vintage+park&hnear=Houston,+TX&cid=0,0,841500020311574348&t=h&ll=29.995976,-95.572128&spn=0.006295,0.006295&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Looks like Nick could drive one NSX there, walk back home, and drive the other NSX there as well. :smile:

I'm laughing at the FB page comments.

I really like this one "Tomball Coffee and Cars"

Close to home for me too

I'm laughing at the FB page comments.

I really like this one "Tomball Coffee and Cars"

You will not need your passport to get here, it is not that far!

I did not think it was confirmed for this location until the one in May.

Very close to me so hope to also attend and bring both cars out since Nick can help me, right Nick? :smile:

Re: Close to home for me too

Very close to me so hope to also attend and bring both cars out since Nick can help me, right Nick? :smile:

Well......if you really need help, I guess I can drive the S5. :biggrin:

Sounds good. I might even bring my NSX. I've put about 2 miles on it this year.

I attempted to voice my opinion of C&C's fb comments, however all 3 remarks I made were removed by the administor of the site. I stated they should rename the event " BFE ... Coffee & Daily Drivers." That got booted. Then someone commented that Tomball is still within the metro area of Houston. So I went back and stated again to rename it "Houston Coffee & Metrocars" ... yea that got booted too. I think they even booted me from the friends list. lol
The guys that run this event are clowns. Always last minute for everything. Just my opinion.

I might not take the NSX to this but the vintage porsche instead as my vingeance to the organizers. Maybe even leave a large puddle of leaking oil or two within the parking lot. Ooops :biggrin:

i guess ill drive the newly purchased mr2 then.

I attempted to voice my opinion of C&C's fb comments, however all 3 remarks I made were removed by the administor of the site. I stated they should rename the event " BFE ... Coffee & Daily Drivers." That got booted. Then someone commented that Tomball is still within the metro area of Houston. So I went back and stated again to rename it "Houston Coffee & Metrocars" ... yea that got booted too. I think they even booted me from the friends list. lol
The guys that run this event are clowns. Always last minute for everything. Just my opinion.

I might not take the NSX to this but the vintage porsche instead as my vingeance to the organizers. Maybe even leave a large puddle of leaking oil or two within the parking lot. Ooops :biggrin:

Last edited:
Good one joe. Way to piss off the organizers. I might have to ignore you on saturday ;)

I'm sure it takes a lot of work to organize one of these events and we should be thankful that we have one in town. Just sayin' :wink:

i am a long time lurker here and wanted to post on this subject (I attend c&c usually in a lotus elise and am a previous nsx owner and still love them). I have met the organizer of c&c (its only two people who organize C&C and that have to get time out of their schedule to bring us this event month after month) and he is a nice person, have chatted with him about all the troubles they have finding a venue and how much work it is. trust me i don't thnk its easy work.

its not that they leave everything last minute but as i was told and read online, they did not get approval on time and had to make a decision (same thing that has happened last month) from what i know all the expenses such as cops come out of pocket and central venues want to charge upwards of $500 per gathering to use the space plus insurance which im sure can get very expensive. on the remarks that were removed, its a way of them moderating comments and preventing arguments online im sure nothing harmful or against individuals. ive noticed them remove comments (in the past) from people using bad words or making fun of others which i feel is a good move on their end.

remember guys, this is a family friendly gathering and focuses largely on children, you may not know it but ive been going to c&c for years and these guys help tremendously setting up charity events and dont take any money to their pockets. give them a break and lets all help spread the joy of cars not get our panties bundled up in a bunch.

the gathering has always been classy and welcoming and it needs to stay that way.

EDIT: for those not familiar with vintage park, i live minutes away and it is a really nice area. better than uptown and imsure can hold many omre cars than uptown did. and another note, i think that its going to be a big event saturday as many drive from far for this. lets make it a good one guys. hopefully i can meet some of you, anyone out there with a black nsx?

Last edited:
I'm sure it takes a lot of work to organize one of these events and we should be thankful that we have one in town. Just sayin' :wink:

My point has always been that they could do SO much better with updates, website management and even get into sponsorship marketing on the main site to help give back to the "hosting parking sites". It just erks me to see a golden opportunity go to waste. San Antonio's www.coffeeandrides.com has always done a great job with it.

Enough of my tiger blood antics though, who all is looking to go on Saturday and at what time? :cool:

Black NSX here mate

i am a long time lurker here and wanted to post on this subject (I attend c&c usually in a lotus elise and am a previous nsx owner and still love them). I have met the organizer of c&c (its only two people who organize C&C and that have to get time out of their schedule to bring us this event month after month) and he is a nice person, have chatted with him about all the troubles they have finding a venue and how much work it is. trust me i don't thnk its easy work.

its not that they leave everything last minute but as i was told and read online, they did not get approval on time and had to make a decision (same thing that has happened last month) from what i know all the expenses such as cops come out of pocket and central venues want to charge upwards of $500 per gathering to use the space plus insurance which im sure can get very expensive. on the remarks that were removed, its a way of them moderating comments and preventing arguments online im sure nothing harmful or against individuals. ive noticed them remove comments (in the past) from people using bad words or making fun of others which i feel is a good move on their end.

remember guys, this is a family friendly gathering and focuses largely on children, you may not know it but ive been going to c&c for years and these guys help tremendously setting up charity events and dont take any money to their pockets. give them a break and lets all help spread the joy of cars not get our panties bundled up in a bunch.

the gathering has always been classy and welcoming and it needs to stay that way.

EDIT: for those not familiar with vintage park, i live minutes away and it is a really nice area. better than uptown and imsure can hold many omre cars than uptown did. and another note, i think that its going to be a big event saturday as many drive from far for this. lets make it a good one guys. hopefully i can meet some of you, anyone out there with a black nsx?

Well they say it starts at 8 but not being central may not need to show up that early. 7, 730, I'm one light down from the show.

My point has always been that they could do SO much better with updates, website management and even get into sponsorship marketing on the main site to help give back to the "hosting parking sites". It just erks me to see a golden opportunity go to waste. San Antonio's www.coffeeandrides.com has always done a great job with it.

Enough of my tiger blood antics though, who all is looking to go on Saturday and at what time? :cool:

Back