Coconuts 1998 Kaiser Silver Journal

7/15/12
Very happy day!! Took delivery of the NSX. Original owner put in a CTSC, 18/19" chrome Konig wheels, RM exhaust, tint, lo-jack and a radar detector. Everything had to go except for the CTSC :biggrin:. Placed an order for the new wheels that same week.

- - - Updated - - -

8/14/12
Removed the radar detector and lo-jack.
Removed the tint using a $30 steamer from Walmart. Worked REALLY well.
Replaced a bunch of bits and pieces that weren't quite perfect.
Replaced unbearably loud RM exhaust with a CT-Engineering Gen2 exhaust.

- - - Updated - - -

9/2/12
Painted brake calipers red using G2 epoxy paint.

- - - Updated - - -

9/10/12
DF carbon fiber engine cover came in. Beautiful piece and the rubber trim forms a nice seal between the glass hatch.
Rear set of new wheels came in. Still waiting on the front set from Japan. I get alot of strange looks for driving around with mismatched wheels....

- - - Updated - - -

9/30/12
Rear wheels are finally here. The NSX is starting to look like how I imagine it should.

- - - Updated - - -

8/4/13
Finally have time and extra money to continue working on my NSX.
Was real close on getting the TFEnt NSX-R red carpet set, but decided on the OEM 04-05' Red. This is supposedly the last red set in the US. Still waiting on 2 red trim pieces from Japan.

Last edited:
I really love the car, very similar to mine. Nice job. What does the carpet cost?

I love the engine cover.

Last edited:
Hey Coconut! I think I need to do some caliper painting or refinishing too. Car looks great!

Where you thinking of doing them in red or black?

I really love the car, very similar to mine. Nice job. What does the carpet cost?

I love the engine cover.

A little under $2k for everything including floormats.

Very nice! I like the wheels, are you planning on lowering it a bit?

Yup, KW V3's will be installed next year. Everyone that I've met has asked if I'm going to lower my car, its starting to get embarrassing :redface:

Awesome journal coconut.

Looks great!! I almost bought the OEM carpet but as you know, I decided for the TFEnt carpet, but not the NSX-R style as NSX-R red is a completely different red than OEM red. I will probably still end up going to OEM carpet in another year. The clear advantage to OEM anything is that it's plug and play (or should be at least). What are you going to do about seats? Car looks great.. also great results on those calipers.

^Thanks! I also prefer the darker red color over the brighter NSX-R red. I'm 95% sure I'm going with Recaro Pole Positions in Red Jersey Mesh, just have to figure out the seatbelt issue.

Last edited:
You gonna get harnesses with your Recaros?

Coconut came over today and helped me install his OEM black carpet in the purple princess. Looks great, nothing fits like OEM. Thanks dude!

Great build, I am enjoying following this. If you would be so kind as to list the OEM carpet parts required that would be really great :)

^Thanks!

This is the OEM red carpet from the 04-05'. I only wanted to do the carpet, vents and corner pieces red much like how the NSX-R is. If you want to do the FULL red interior swap, you'll have to get a new dash, door panels and replace all interior rear bulkhead pieces.

Here's the main x4 pieces and floormat set. You could just do these but the corners pieces near the your feet will still be your original carpet color.

83600-SL0-A01ZF FLOOR MAT SET *R145L* (NEW PURE RED), red floormat set
88302-SL0-T00ZG FLOOR MAT, R. *R145L* (NEW PURE RED), red carpet passenger side
88303-SL0-T00ZF FLOOR MAT, L. *R145L* (NEW PURE RED), red carpet driver side
88307-SL0-A02ZG MAT, R. CONSOLE *R145L* (NEW PURE RED), red carpet tunnel passenger side
88308-SL0-A01ZG MAT, L. CONSOLE *R145L* (NEW PURE RED), red carpet tunnel driver side

Here's the other red pieces I got to complete the set.

83115-SL0-A00ZJ COVER, FUSE LID *R145L* (NEW PURE RED), red fuse lid cover
x2 90667-SA0-003D7 CLIP, TRIM (7MM) *R145L* (NEW PURE RED), red carpet clips
74135-SL0-A00ZH LEVER ASSY., HOOD WIRE *R145L* (NEW PURE RED), red hood lever
83112-SL0-A01ZG LINING, R. COWL SIDE *R145L* (NEW PURE RED), red passenger sidesill cowl
83162-SL0-A00ZJ LINING, L. COWL SIDE *R145L* (NEW PURE RED), red driver sidesill cowl

Whoo Hoo! Coming a long nicely! Yep, just needs the lowering and you're set!
Congrats!

8/21/13
Final OEM red trim pieces came in today. You can't just order the carpeted trim pieces by themselves, they come attached to the plastic cowl. Luckily, the carpeted pieces are only held in place by clips and a retainer, so I transferred them over to my black plastic cowl.

Back