cocky nsx owner....

since when does a guy in a 99 NSX with headers/intake and exhaust think he can beat a stock Z06 lol.. i dont get it.. this guy was totally confident and actually wanted to put money up on the race that he would smoke the Z06.. the Z06 was a stock 01 down to the paper filter.. they raced around 6 times.. 2 from a stop and 4 on the hwy from all sorts of punches.. the results were ugly.. the Z06 walked the NSX bad! I have friends with NSX's and vipers etc but geeze.. know what u are racing before u think u can smoke it
smile.gif

And the reason why you are so compelled to post this here is? Geez.....why don't some people think before they post?
biggrin.gif

hey its in no way a flame or whatnot.. its just funny how some people just dont know what they are getting themselves into.. a kill story, perhaps..just something to share
wink.gif

Originally posted by Bobby C 01TA:
hey its in no way a flame or whatnot.. its just funny how some people just dont know what they are getting themselves into.. a kill story, perhaps..just something to share
wink.gif

The majority of this board IMHO does not appreciate this type of post.

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

since when does a guy in a 99 NSX with headers/intake and exhaust think he can beat a stock Z06 lol.. i dont get it..

Why is this so far-fetched?

A 3.2L NSX with those mods should run high 12s if driven properly.

It may not 'smoke' a Z06, but certainly the differences are not night-and-day the way you insinuate they are.

Since when does a guy with no NSX feel compelled to post stories about other people's races on the NSX board?

I don't get it.

[This message has been edited by 8000RPM (edited 22 January 2003).]

know what u are racing before u think u can smoke it
smile.gif

Or in your case... you should know what you are posting, and where you are posting it, before actually posting it...

[This message has been edited by 8000RPM (edited 22 January 2003).]

"Since when does a guy with no NSX feel compelled to post stories about other people's races on the NSX board? "
I agree.

This is so funny.

smile.gif

What's the point of this post? I thought we made our feelings abundantly clear on the subject of kill stories?

so, really. you have friends with nsxs. nah, i dont think so. if you did i kinda doubt youd be posting this here. if you do own a vette, there are people i can recommend who are excellent with inferiority complexes. They can have you feeling better about yourself in no time at all.

i am not going to say more.. it was just informative...u can post on other boards and people agree and disagree..on here no one cares.. thats fine with me lol
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Bobby C 01TA (edited 22 January 2003).]

hey, his profile has his email address... i'll get the email spam server ready!!!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
(seriously, i am only joking)

sorry to tell u but not all NSX owners are wine eating cheese sniffing patrons

This is an unwise comment.
frown.gif

Bobby C 01TA, ur comments may be valid but u should have been more tactful in how u said it... comments like "know what u are racing before u think u can smoke it" might be ok in Texas, but only enflame elsewhere!

sorry to tell u but not all NSX owners are wine eating cheese sniffing patrons
smile.gif

Do you have anything to contribute here, or are you just trying to start fights?

Ok..I apologize for the above comment that i stated. I was assuming that what huckster said was that If I had any friends with NSX's etc I would not be "moral" enough to post what i just did. This has nothing against you guys at the least. And heck, my friends with NSX's are laid back and crazy and talk smack .. not that you guys dont or wont lol. Lets all lighten up here..Theres just a lot of misunderstanding going on here. And I'm sure if I did own a NSX and came on here with a subject of "cocky vette owner", many of you guys would be all over it. its only cause I stated that the NSX guy was being cocky that everyone has to make a big deal about it. But like I said, the wine sniffing statement was wrong and I apologize..just cause a owner has a nice expensive car doesnt mean he or she has to be all proper..thats all.. if this thread has to be locked then let it be.. I am not here to start an argument. Thank you
smile.gif

its only cause I stated that the NSX guy was being cocky that everyone has to make a big deal about it.

I don't think so.

In fact, I thought the NSX owner from your story was an idiot for instigating races and waging money on illegal street racing.

However, I did have a problem with the tone of your post and what you were trying to insinuate.

BTW, I hate cheese.

I don't think anyone ever claimed that the NSX was the fastest car in the world. If you would like to own a v-8 wrapped in plastic...by all means love your Vettes. Maybe the guy was too big for his britches...but if he was beaten as bad as you say...he couldn't have won with an F1. He obviously didn't know how to drive. Or you could just be full of $#!+ too. Who knows...who cares... Your buddy is the idiot for not taking that poor "cocky NSX owner's" money.

------------------
Todd E. Williams
'94 NSX Berlina Black/Black

Originally posted by tewills:
He obviously didn't know how to drive.

i guarantee u.. if u got a stock Z06 and a nsx with headers intake and exhaust, both with equal drivers, it wouldnt be much of a race.. the Z06 would slaughter it in every way..whether it be handling or in straights or off the line.. the NSX is a nice sexy sports car with great quality and sounds and performance but it doesnt have it when it comes to racing on the hwy or off a stop.. auto crossing, maybe but the power just isnt there to compete with a car that weighs the same and puts out 100 rwhp more than a NSX stock for stock.. its just obvious..Its like comparing a supra TT to a supra N/A

Personally, I think you're full of it. However, I haven't been to any track days to watch NSXs and Z-06s tangle. Is there anyone here who can post their observations on this subject? I'd venture to say it's not the slaughter you picture it to be, especially being that the more balanced NSX is a lot more confidence-inspiring than a rickety, overpowered monster that is the Z06 (I'm a Chevy owner, too.) Strap four wheels to a jet engine, and sure it will go really fast. Whether or not the driver has the cajones and ability to control it may be another matter.

Or, how about this.....we NSXers go on enjoying our cars and you Chevrolet drivers go on enjoying yours (or whatever it is that you drive.) I don't see too many NSX owners going over to the Corvette forums and telling them how (insert one of many derogatory comments here) their cars are. None! There is a definite difference between NSX owners and C-5 Vette owners in general. I won't get into the belittling details, I am just glad that I am an NSX owner because of my fellow owners, not despite them.

Damn, next we'll start getting posts by Saleen Mustang owners who say they beat an NSX, too! And I'll bet that there's Supra guys out there who'd love to share their stories about stomping an NSX.

(nose in the air) How uncivilized.

Gotta go...someone just stole my Grey Poupon.
smile.gif

Chuck (oops...call me Charles)

------------------
'91 Black/Ivory NSX
'89 Gray/Gray F-16C

well said.. let us all be.. if we enjoy tuna cans with turbos.. well then.. uhh we enjoy tuna cans with turbos haha.. but to point out.. u must drive both in order to appreciate both..I am not a guy of magazine tests.. i'll state my experiences.. actually go look up magazine tests.. get 5-6 differnt mags and average out the tests..same year cars..handling and performance.. you will see what I mean.. but hey its all good.. lets all get along! lol. I appreciate nice cars..I would love to get an NSX as well and may in the future if thats what I turn towards..this thread just totally went out of hand.. it would have been a totally differnt story if we all got together and were tlaking about it at the table.. the tones of peoples voices and also clearifications would make the conversation so much more interesting rather than bashing this and that
smile.gif
Thumbs up to whatever u drive
biggrin.gif

Viper,

I've driven a Z06 and it's not at all rickety. It's very, very fast and handles quite nicely.

I think it's fair to say that a stock Z06 will pretty much trounce a stock NSX in pretty much any venue.

The Z06 has flaws, to be sure, but performance, isn't one of them.

Let's keep in mind the difference between the truth and a silly "kill" story.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
2003 MINI Cooper S - On Order - All Black
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

Re:Jimbo's
I think it's fair to say that a stock Z06 will pretty much trounce a stock NSX in pretty much any venue

I agree with you on the performance level; however, I'd have to agree with C&D when they said that Rubbermaid-like interior has to go.

Gonna go pick up some Merlot tonight, it goes great with muenster cheese melted over Melba snacks. I'm get Krogering in a hurry with my 700hp Nova. hahaha

WHo cares whos faster...I've dusted my friends modded Z06 by at least a couple cars(my car isnt stock at all)...I dont mind to post it..but anywyays the NSX looks ALOT better...and LOOKS faster too...I still like the Z06..maybe for a daily driver..

Back