cockpit room for 6'3" human

Hi, just found this web site, and great information about my favorite car i want next, NSX of course. never been close enough to one, and was wondering from owners, can someone 6'3" tall be cramped / uncomfortable in one. I'm hoping not, but any advise on increasing inside cockpit room ? I owned a 94 corvette until recent couple months ( sold to afford an NSX ) and it would take a few 20-30 miles to get comfortable in it and then it was roomy for my height. Thanks, & awesome web site too.

You can search. This subject has come up 100 times. You can get a seat cushion that will give you 2-3" more room. I'm 6'2" and I fit fine with a hemet and that is in a targa with the slightly lower ceiling than a coupe.

<<<< this guy's advice?

Sit in one. Your overall height doesn't matter as much as your BODY height. Some people who are 6'5" fit fine. I'm the high side of 5'11" and if I were 6'1", my head would be touching the roof.

I'm just short of 6'7" and am still rocking stock seat cushions. I dont 'fit' in any car... but if you love the car enough, you'll make it work. I sit part way up the seat and slouch a little. Have driven 1000mile day trips without issue. BUY THE NSX... DO ITTT!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
Depends on how 6'3" you are.

I'm 6'2" and fit just fine... but my 6'2" is mostly legs... the length of the car isn't a problem... the height is. You're just going to have to sit in one... As has already been said, if its close you can replace the seat cushion to gain some more headroom.

You'll be ok, I'm 5'12'' & I if I put the bottom part of the seat all the way back I have about 3-5'' of space between my foot and pedal. Its very comfortable, I've driven to NC twice & I was more comfortable in the NSX than in my RL.

Last edited:
You'll be ok, I'm 5'12'' & I if I put the bottom part of the seat all the way back I have about 3-5'' of space between my foot and pedal. Its very comfortable, I've driven to NC twice & I was more comfortable in the NSX than in my RL.

Wouldn't you be considered 6' ??? :confused: LOL

Torso, is right, my legs are short as hell, I am 5.9 and I am like ,,, touching my ceiling LOL while I need to more fwd my seat like a grand ma! LOLOLOLOL

I'm 6'5" 260lbs. I don't fit "comfortably" in the NSX. In a Targa NSX with the top off, my head grazes the B pillar if I move around. Definitely not comfy but there are options.

Coupe instead of Targa - More head room
Low profile seat cushion for stock seats
Type R seats have less cushion and give more room as well.

Last edited:
6'6", just take out the seat cushion entirely. Thats how i roll ;)

Like a few others have said it's all about your proportioning. I am only 5'11" but I have short legs and a long torso and I can't push my sunglasses up only head without touching roof.

You will be fine, seats are so comfortably adjustable for tall people like yourself

Get ready to have your mind blown... I don't have one but I have been inside few - two this year - and I fit in the coupe pretty comfy at 6"6'. :cool:

Get ready to have your mind blown... I don't have one but I have been inside few - two this year - and I fit in the coupe pretty comfy at 6"6'. :cool:

Want to get completely blown away, im 6'6" and fit in my targa lol. With an inch to spare lol

Back