clutch release problems

having problems with my 95 manual. seems like a clutch release problem. does anyone know if my clutch is a mechanical, hydraulic, or cable type? is this type of maintenance/repair out of the ordinary for sticks? i beleive the clutch is stock.

The clutch system is hydraulic. The first thing to do is check the reservoir for low fluid. It is the little one up front. If it is low, you will most likely need a clutch master/slave replacement. Pretty common.

This is the least expensive repair:). You can hope for that, and not a clutch replacement.

HTH,
LarryB

the reservoir is full. the clutch seems to not want me to get into first. if i give a good extra push down, it seems to help it release. it seems to happen only with 1st and 2nd though. only one time did i try to force it did it give me a little grind of revolt. other than this, i have no slippage or other noises. any input is appreciated and helpful.
O

If the pedal moves normally, then try one more thing. If the engine is off, does it go into gear no problem? If so, I am afraid you may need a clutch. Typically a tang that holds one of the clutch springs breaks off and gets caught in there and the clutch will not disengage.

The hyraulics will do the same thing, not let the clutch disengage, but that would mean the fluid is leaking, so if the reservoir is full, well.

HTH,
LarryB

Stock about $2200 installed, alternatives get higher.

PM DDozier (Dave) here on Prime. He can probably give you a good recommendation for a shop in your area.

HTH,
LarryB

Back