Clutch question.

well the other day i was practicing my launches as i went to take off the clutch just burnt so i imidiatley let off, now about 2 weeks later i was playin around with my buddy from a roll and i down shifted to second at about 40mph and pressed the accelerator and the rpms climed and i wasnt going anywere :mad:
the car has 75xxx miles on it, and im guessing its never been replaced. Im looking for a better than stock clutch as i see there almost the same price, but i found one and i wanted you guys opinion on it. cause i see its considerably cheaper than the rest. http://www.2kracing.com/product_info.php/products_id/875?osCsid=e5095c122827ab12893aa5cc83b7d187

let me know what you think thanx

My concern is this:
The 91-96 uses a different clutch than the 97-05, so the ad has got to be wrong. After you figure out what they are actually selling, then we can pursue whether or not it is a good price. Also, be aware this setup they are offering has no flywheel, which is included with many of the other clutches you see advertised.

Can an aluminum flywheel be used with the stock clutch? There are some aluminum flywheels on ebay and I am going to be replacing my clutch very soon.

i see some fidanza aluminum flyhweels pretty cheap and this clutch if works would be great for a total of around 900 bucks, and save a few, anyone got any experience with it?

I actually just got off the phone with the guy he said thats the clutch is actaully ACT and he can get the fidanza flyhweel for 365 all of his prices are shipped and theres a 6 month warrenty.

As of right now thats deffinetely the cheapest ive found around so ill be ordering it monday, ill let you guys know how it works out. :biggrin:

deffinetely not takin the job on myself, im used to workin on dsms not exotics i think whatever acura dealer i can find around my area with experience will do, although its gonna be hard to just find one of those :mad:

nsxtcy85 said:
Im looking for a better than stock clutch as i see there almost the same price

Hey, You should definitely check out the RPS clutch!!! A link with some pics of my install is here. More pedal pressure, but definitly drivable. On launches it grabs strong and holds...no more of that nasty smell that arises from launching on the stock clutch...and zips through the RPM's. I've got over 2K miles on mine and won't ever go back. Plus once you buy this clutch you can just replace the disks when they wear out. Good luck on your search...the RPS clutch is my recommendation. Where are you located? You can probably get some good suggestions for places to install is you displayed that info.

Art

The reason you have only a few replies probably has to do with the forum in which you started the thread, the fact that if you use the search function you will find many reviews on a variety of clutches, and the fact your original question is about a clutch/pressure plate combo (no flywheel) many of us may have never heard of. :confused: If you do buy and install that clutch, please be sure to start a thread about it so that we can add to the knowledge base. If you want to find a good mechanic in your area, you could start a thread in the Northeast US Region forum. I did a quick search and it looks like Boston is the closest city to you with a good NSX shop (thread here).

Good luck!

thanx thats my original thread actually lol, but yea lets just say ive had a few problems with the car since i got it, thinking i was gettin a awsome deal but i really didnt.

did you buy a car fom pierre? Btw i went with a felow nsx prime members used exedy stage 3 clutch, and im replacing the discs, thanx for the awsome product btw if he reads this.

Back