Clutch Pedal Travel

I took my first drive in an NSX the other day.(VIN#JH4NA1153MT001844) It was a 1991 Red with 35,000 miles 5 speed For Sale at a local Landrover dealer in Naperville Illinois. As I started in reverse, letting clutch out very slowly the car did not start to move. I thought maybe I had not engaged reverse gear correctly so I depressed the clutch again and checked to make sure the gear selector was in reverse and started backing up again. The clutch pedal was quite near the upper end of its travel before the car started to move. Once I started driving the excess pedal travel was not as noticable. Is this a sign of a worn clutch? Is there any adjustment to correct this? Carfax on this auto says one owner and no accidents. I also checked and it is not in snap ring range(SN# J4841002551). Car looks straight and is very tight. Some drivers bolster wear ,windows went up and down ok, no noise from radio,aftermarket exhaust (I think) There was a little valve clatter on start up and moisture on inside of trunk lid. The dealers asking price is $36,000.00(High?) Any commets, views or advice would greatly be appreciated. I have some misc. pictures if anybody is interested. Thanks everybody this site is terrefic! Wswen

go back to test the car again. put the car in 4th gear and try to let the clutch go and see if the car moves. If the car moves in 4th gear, then the clutch is fine and is not slipping or worn out. hope this helps

Back