Clutch Pedal Switch A

My clutch went to the floor coming home from a cars & coffee. Luckily I was only 200ft from my drive way. I have not pushed a car up a driveway in a long time. Good to know I can still do it.

Got under the car and it is the slave cylinder. I looked under the dash and a bunch of goop around the master too. So I decided to replace both the master and slave.

While crawling under the dash I noticed that the clutch switch A was missing the white plastic plug. So it was not being pressed in. I had an extra one from my S2000 its the same part/part number so I popped it in.

Any idea what switch A does? The car seemed fine without it.

clutchpedal.png

I also decided to replace the hose from the hard line to the slave. After getting the hard line off I noticed it had been previously stripped. So I am waiting on a new hard line. So I have not been able to test it yet.

My clutch went to the floor coming home from a cars & coffee. Luckily I was only 200ft from my drive way. I have not pushed a car up a driveway in a long time. Good to know I can still do it.

Got under the car and it is the slave cylinder. I looked under the dash and a bunch of goop around the master too. So I decided to replace both the master and slave.

While crawling under the dash I noticed that the clutch switch A was missing the white plastic plug. So it was not being pressed in. I had an extra one from my S2000 its the same part/part number so I popped it in.

Any idea what switch A does? The car seemed fine without it.

View attachment 193244

I also decided to replace the hose from the hard line to the slave. After getting the hard line off I noticed it had been previously stripped. So I am waiting on a new hard line. So I have not been able to test it yet.
I believe the switch A button is used for the cruise control, and possibly some type of throttle (by wire) input for the ECM.

Back