Closure of trunk

Hello,

I just got a 2001 NSX-T Black; after I close the trunk, I have to push on it "again," hard for it to totally close. Is this normal? I'm afraid that I will bend the spoiler.

thanks in advance,
Dr. Patel

Re: Closure of trunk on 2001 NSX-T

Don't push on the spoiler!

When closing the trunk just bring the lid slowlly down. Once down place both hands underneath the spoiler on the trunk top and press till you hear it click.

Cheers!

Re: Closure of trunk on 2001 NSX-T

WingZ said:
Don't push on the spoiler!

When closing the trunk just bring the lid slowlly down. Once down place both hands underneath the spoiler on the trunk top and press till you hear it click.

Cheers!

Exactly!! It always makes me cringe when I see people slamming the trunk closed. Closing the NSX trunk should be a nice gentle 'click' thing and not a slamming like I see some people doing. :eek:

close the trunk lightly, then press lightly on the trunk(under the spoiler) directly above the latch and it will smoothly click down.

drjeetpateldds said:
Hello,

I just got a 2001 NSX-T Black; after I close the trunk, I have to push on it "again," hard for it to totally close. Is this normal? I'm afraid that I will bend the spoiler.

thanks in advance,
Dr. Patel

Dont push on the spoiler, push on the trunk lid itself.

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
Dont push on the spoiler, push on the trunk lid itself.

Armando

Armando are you feeling okay?:wink:
I am puzzled by you response...:smile:

len3.8 said:
Armando are you feeling okay?:wink:
I am puzzled by you response...:smile:

sorry I couldnt find my thesaurus in time to look up another word for idiot......................... :) is that better?

armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
sorry I couldnt find my thesaurus in time to look up another word for idiot......................... :) is that better?

armando

You are okay....:smile:
Have a good one...

Hey Armando.............
roomfull.jpg

DocL said:
Hey Armando.............
roomfull.jpg
HA ! :biggrin: funny guy doc!!

Attachments

• phatyo.gif
    phatyo.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 446
Dr. Patel

Since you are new to ownership we will give you a pass on this one.
Pushing down on the spoiler is a HUGE no-no.

FYI, Also use care when closing the glass hatch. Place it down and then just press till you here the click. Don't EVER try and drop it closed or close by using brute force.

Hi

I recommend to read the FAQ for two years before you actually buy a NSX.

I had the FAQ on my palmtop and read it whenever I had a chance. I was well educated when I finally bought mine :biggrin:

Regards

GHOSTRIDER said:
Dr. Patel

Since you are new to ownership we will give you a pass on this one.
Pushing down on the spoiler is a HUGE no-no.

FYI, Also use care when closing the glass hatch. Place it down and then just press till you here the click. Don't EVER try and drop it closed or close by using brute force.

And make sure you don't overfill the tank! :eek: And don't switch gear till you hit 8000rpm :biggrin:

It should close if you press down on the lid with two fingers on top and your thumb on the lens. If you have more fingers on top that will work also.

For some reason my hatch window is hard to close.

The front hood is closed by dropping it from around 3-4 inches. Maybe 6 inches high depending on how much noise you can stand.

Back