• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Climate Control Unit Service

Hi Group,
I'm an old list member with few, if any posts. I've has my 91 (92 plated) since new.
The CCU is starting to show a couple of faults and I'd like to get it serviced. For what it is worth now Damelians quoted a fairly scary amount I can't even remember to replace it.
There a couple of people servicing these in the US for around $100 with 12 month gaurantee.
One option I have is to ship it there and back but is anyone aware of anyone in Australia (NSW) providing this service?
Thanks,
Gos
'91 NSX30L

I dont know of anyone in Aust that does it. Mine went last year and spent $300 on the transitor in the heater itself which didnt fix it. Sent just the CCU board to BrianK in USA and it was back in 2 weeks, 100% fixed, ~$75 incl post. Brian does a brilliant job and tests it in a car over there. Prime has lots of DIY on the subject but I thought it was better to get it done without the risk of blowing up the whole CCU!

Scott

I second that. Not sure what it costs to send to briank in USA but he fixed mine in no time. I have ice in my car now.

Got the unit back. Less than 3 weeks from sending to receipt back. Cost around A$150 including return postage.
I havent driven the car yet but a static test indicates it works perfectly.
This was a good solution compared to the $1400 quoted by the dealer.
I had a similar problem (leaking condensers) with the Bose speakers which I had to have serviced. Are there any other components likely to have similar problems as time goes by?
Gos

Back