Clearplex ... Anyone here use it on their windshield?

I will be making my appointment to bring the car in for it in a few weeks. Just seeing if I will be the first to go with this or not. Seems there was only user MOMSPH who said he was a user but didnt say if it were on his NSX or not.

anyone have any input?

www.clearplex.com

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/90rMUs0NRaY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sounds cool. Let us know how you like it. It's sort of like a clear bra for the windshield.

Clearplex is an awesome film for windshield. I am a certified installer and can vouch for many for windshields saved from chip damage.

personally I have yet to install on mine since it's got a bunch of chips already when I bought the car. I will however be replacing the windshield next year and will install clearplex.

couple of things you should know about clearplex:

1. Don't install on windshield with a bunch of chips as it accentuates the chip thus annoying.

2. For a daily driver, the film last approximately 18months as the wiper blades mark starts to show around the 15th month. It will obviously last longer when wiper blades are used less frequent. June to November is rainy season here in our country.

Hope this helps

Clearplex is an awesome film for windshield. I am a certified installer and can vouch for many for windshields saved from chip damage.

personally I have yet to install on mine since it's got a bunch of chips already when I bought the car. I will however be replacing the windshield next year and will install clearplex.

couple of things you should know about clearplex:

1. Don't install on windshield with a bunch of chips as it accentuates the chip thus annoying.

2. For a daily driver, the film last approximately 18months as the wiper blades mark starts to show around the 15th month. It will obviously last longer when wiper blades are used less frequent. June to November is rainy season here in our country.

Hope this helps

I read that while it does protect the windshield from chips, that it itself pits easily compared to bare windshield glass. Is this true? Does that mean we would have to replace the clearplex every few years?

Also, how smooth is it? Do bugs stick to it easily? Can you rain-x over it?

The film is smooth, it's another use is for protecting screens of ipad, iPhone or any smart device.

Clearplex has it's own product similar to RainX so yes, RainX, Rain Clear can be applied.

After film install though, expect the film to have multiple tiny snowy bubbles, but Completely gone in 3weeks.

The film is basically a skin for your windshield, it does pit but not as easily as mentioned by some online. Unless you do fun runs on gravel or racing weekly on track, you shouldn't worry.

I've had clients who does highway run on Sundays and the film still looks good two years running.

I've replaced on a couple of clients who unfortunately got hit by more than your small size stone. According to the client it was visibly around 1"-2", ended up damaging the film but did not the windshield. It would cost more and troublesome to replace on a 458.

Hope this helps

Thank you very much for your replies. yes i am definitely going with this :)

do you sell precut or is this something thats cut on the car?

In the US, you guys can probably get a hold of pre cut. But here in the islands, we manual (custom) cut it.

Thank you very much for your replies. yes i am definitely going with this :)

do you sell precut or is this something thats cut on the car?

Did you go with it? How's it been? I'm considering it come springtime.

all but one of the places near me stopped installing it. they claim its too hard to do.

anyway I called the manufacturer and am awaiting a callback (made two calls this week) on if they can just get a pre-cut and i will put it on myself.

Back