Classic Ebay Scammers

Sorry guys but I couldn't resist: I was surfing ebay looking for NSX odds and ends and came across this NSX car posting [http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=5337&item=4538489357&rd=1]

Claimed that this was the car originally owned by Scottie Pippen (although I thought he owned a 1993 and painted it a deep purple). Anyway, the Q&A shows that the original owner had to pull this guy's card. BEWARE OF EBAY CARS!!

Questions from other buyers for this listing
Q: Iam a buyer at 25000.00. This also has to be delivered to my home in port richey, florida. I am not in the car business. the car is for my daughter. call me at 727-858-0557. Payment can be made in cash or cashiers check. thank you jeffrey A.

Answered on Mar-29-05
A: Can't do that.

Q: The standard questions for this car: 1) Is it in the snap ring range? 2) What is the transmission number? 3) Has the water pump been replaced? 4) Timing belt replaced? 5) How many miles on the clutch? 6) Does the A/C work properly? All controls and blows cold? 7) Do you have documentation of Pippen's ownership? What? 8) Any known issues or problems? 9) Any fluid leaks of any type? 10) Full maintenance records available? 11) Please send me a photo of the rear bumper and the dash area that may have been modified. 12) What is Bobby A. refering to with regard to plastic filler in seat bolsters. I sold my NSX last fall and want another already. I am a buyer and will make a purchase soon. Thanks for your response.

Answered on Mar-28-05
A: Thanks for the note - not sure if the car isin the snap ring range. What is the VIN range on it? However, after 14 years and 60K miles if the car hasn't had teh problem it isn't going to!! Will be happy to let you kow the trans number if you'll instruct me on where to find it. Water pump & timingbelt just replaced by Acura dealer along with the full 60K service. Will have to answer the rest of your questions in another e-mail as I am out of room here!

Q: First, I would like to ask whats your bottom dollar on the car? Second, to clear up your description..The car was painted by a guy in California..Scottie Pippen never owned this car. The car was traded into Motorcars Intl. I bought the car from them in 1994-5 and traded it to Tommy Tapp in Owensboro. The wheels are O.Z. Mito Mods. I put them on. I would be interested in buying the car back..it was always a neat car. Has the car been sitting a while? The miles havent moved much since I got rid of it. Are the seat bolsters still filled with hard plastic filler..I also cut a hole in the console (behind shifter) to put a plastic cup.. Please email me some info. thanks, Bobby A.

Answered on Mar-26-05
A: Will return your e-mail privately with pics. Thank you for updating me on teh correct history of the car. I only know what I was told! Brian

Classic! STAY AWAY FROM EBAY, TRUE NSXers!

Is it really bad to sell your car on Ebay? I'm trying to sell my dad's 96 NSX and thought about Ebay but then saw this thread.

nsxtasy said:
I don't understand why you're claiming that this is a scam... :confused:

I believe it is because the owner is claiming the car was owned by Scottie Pippen, which it wasn't. I'm just guessing though.

Last edited:
anclaire said:
Is it really bad to sell your car on Ebay? I'm trying to sell my dad's 96 NSX and thought about Ebay but then saw this thread.
I think prices on eBay are generally slightly lower than in other venues, possibly due to a perceived higher level of risk. Of course, you can use a reserve price or opening bid on eBay to avoid selling the car for less than what you expect to get for it.

If I were selling an NSX, the first place I would try is here on NSXprime (which is free, BTW). If I wanted additional exposure, I would consider autotrader.com and/or cars.com and/or eBay.

SCS2k said:
I believe it is because the owner is claiming the car was owned by Scottie Pippen, which is wasn't. I'm just guessing though.

I would question whether or not Scottie Pippen could even FIT in that car!

Dan

Back