• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chuckwalla November 21 and 22

There are three of us going now! Billy Joel is joining us. How about you? Chuckwalla is a great track. You will have a lot of fun!

Last edited:
lol.......BillyJoe Johnson................his nascar name

Billy as in [MENTION=16531]stuntman[/MENTION]? I might have to do this...

BTW I'll be at Sonoma raceway this Sunday if anyone is up there.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW... You guys running both days or just one?

Hello Regan,

Jonathan and I are going both days. Billy Joel is the guy that had just moved back to SoCal from the Chicago area. I have not met him yet. I don't know if Billy Joel is going both days. Have fun at Sonoma!

Last edited:
Well, I made it through the weekend. I had a great time at the end. At the beginning it was difficult in that my personal instructor for the weekend, Jonathan (Track Addict), took me back to square one in order to break me of my bad habits and to get me headed in the right direction. With some tough love, I ended recording a good time on my last session of the day on Sunday (2.16 plus minutes) on the counter clockwise course.

The next Alfa Rome Club of Southern California (AROSC) time trials is mid January at Willow Springs (Big Willow). I'm pretty sure I'll be going. If anyone else is interested, let me know and I will send you a link to the AROSC web site.

PS: Johnathan is a great instructor. He is extremely knowledgeable (his Prime name of "Track Addict" is very appropriate). More importantly, Johnathan's first concern is your safety and safety of others on the track. After that he will fill your head with the rules of the track, driving etiquette, tire pressure measurements tips and finally great driving advice. Let him drive your car for a few laps, which he did on the third session of the day, each day, and you will be amazed at his driving skills. Just don't try and go as fast as him, because you will only spin of the track, as I did (crap).

Last edited:
Awesome to read. Glad you had a very good instructor too. I look forward to his mad skills this year coming.

Did you spin out again Mario?
He spun out twice, but learned a lot from each one. Albeit I did have to force him to describe the incident and what happened at every moment.

Awesome to read. Glad you had a very good instructor too. I look forward to his mad skills this year coming.
Not sure what to make of this JC :wink:

Well, I made it through the weekend. I had a great time at the end. At the beginning it was difficult in that my personal instructor for the weekend, Jonathan (Track Addict), took me back to square one in order to break me of my bad habits and to get me headed in the right direction. With some tough love, I ended recording a good time on my last session of the day on Sunday (2.16 plus minutes) on the counter clockwise course.

Mario, I am proud of the progress that you made over the weekend. I know it can be difficult to have me in the passenger seat. I am very demanding, stern and outspoken (to no one's surprise). You earned that time on Sunday and I was very excited to see such great leaps taken on your part.

The next Alfa Rome Club of Southern California (AROSC) time trials is mid January at Willow Springs (Big Willow). I'm pretty sure I'll be going. If anyone else is interested, let me know and I will send you a link to the AROSC web site.
I will say that the guys of the Alfa club are hilarious and a great bunch of guys, at least the ones I met.

PS: Johnathan is a great instructor. He is extremely knowledgeable (his Prime name of "Track Addict" is very appropriate). More importantly, Johnathan's first concern is your safety and safety of others on the track. After that he will fill your head with the rules of the track, driving etiquette, tire pressure measurements tips and finally great driving advice. Let him drive your car for a few laps, which he did on the third session of the day, each day, and you will be amazed at his driving skills. Just don't try and go as fast as him, because you will only spin of the track, as I did (crap).

Thank you for your kind words and I hope that you realize I learned a lot from you as well as you learning from me. As I said before I was happy to help you and I would be happy to help you again in the future if you felt that you needed it. The entire NSX community should know that these cars are phenomenal on track and driving them on a racetrack successfully is one of the biggest highlights to owning this amazing supercar. To an owner who isn't afraid to get rock chips and occasionally pay a detailer to remove half of the desert from their interior *cough*Mario*cough* I will happily drink a beer with you and discuss tracking again, anytime.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6433.jpg
    IMG_6433.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
I was notified earlier this week by the Alfa Club that I currently hold the lap record for my car class, which is class O, for the counter clockwise course at Chuckwalla. What I don't know, is how may cars ran in my class that weekend.

Here are some more pics:

Nov-21-2015-Speed Ventures - 4-Purple - Turn 1 and 2-1055 - ODG_3522_Nov2115_by_ROBERT-CaliPhoto.jpg

Nov-22-2015-Speed Ventures - 4-Purple - Grid - IMG_9629_Nov2215_by_GLYN-CaliPhoto.jpg

Nov-22-2015-Speed Ventures - 4-Purple - Turn 9-11AM - REG_051267_Nov2215_by_ROBERT-CaliPhoto.jpg

More good news. I'm the points leader for the year in the Alfa Club "O" car class! Although it is a honor, some of my competition, although the power to weight ration is similar to my stock NSX, is not always supper, i.e., Mustangs, MR2's, 911, Miata, Boxter, S2000, Alfa GTV and Cayman.

I also came in third in the "N" class (the next car class up from the "O" class and includes 350Z, M3, 911, 997, 964 and the new Alfa Romeo 4C).

I can hardly wait until next season in that I will have more experience and my car is set up better than it was at the beginning of this year.

Again, thanks to Johnathan for helping me improve as a driver!

What does Jonathan charge for instructing? Track addict can pm me. Thanks

Back