chrysler 300c srt-8

This is very impressive. Looks great! Any thoughts. Convertible to follow. Gotta try to send pics

2005 Chrysler 300C SRT-8
Chrysler adds even more horsepower to HEMI®

Additional 85 horses—25 percent more power—builds more momentum for HEMI and Chrysler 300
Chrysler reveals 425-horsepower Chrysler 300C SRT-8, powered by new 6.1-liter HEMI V-8

With 85 more horses under the hood, the momentum continues for the Chrysler 300 and its legendary HEMI® engine. Today, Chrysler Group revealed the 425-horsepower 2005 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, which arrives in showrooms in the spring of next year.

"With a 47 percent take rate, the HEMI is a critical ingredient to the success of the Chrysler 300," said Dan Knott, Director—Street and Racing Technology (SRT). "With the new 2005 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, we are now adding even more horsepower to the HEMI and even more performance to the Chrysler 300C.

"With the Chrysler 300C SRT-8, we are taking the HEMI engine to the next level, and growing the SRT brand," said Knott. "The 2005 Chrysler 300C SRT-8 is the natural evolution of the Chrysler brand, the SRT brand, and the HEMI."

Preliminary performance targets for the 300C SRT-8 are 0-60 mph in the low 5-second range; and quarter-mile time in the high 13-second range.

(Published August 13, 2004)

deedubb said:
I like em. They remind me of a bentley for some reason
I test-drove an SRT a few weeks ago.

EDIT: what I tested was a regular 300C HEMI, not this hotter "SRT-8" model.

BIG car... long wheelbase (120" ?) but felt deceptively small -- short overhangs, etc. If I was in the market for a large cruiser sedan I'd consider it...

They claim approx 40% of the suspension bits are off the last-generation Mercedes W210 E-class, which is a good thing.

With the HEMI, a pretty decent "performance sedan" value IMO.

Wish they would sell the "touring" (wagon) version here -- would prefer that to the stable-mate Dodge Magnum SRT. That Bentley-esque front end due to the grille and headlamps, I guess.

Last edited:
Here is what I first thought of when I saw it.

300C3.jpg

300C2.jpg

300C1.jpg

Back