choosing b/w two NSX

I am attempting to decide if I should buy a '91 Black automatic or a '95 Black automatic. The '91 has 46K miles and the '95 has 40k miles.
Neither has had the timing belt/water pump.

The '91 is in wonderful condition otherwise, with only some minor remaining issues (seat bolster, keyless entry failed). The '95 sounds good but is 800 miles away and I haven't seen it. The '91 is 43 miles away
smile.gif

Considering I was originally planning on buying a 97-99 automatic in three or four years, which would you get today?

BTW, it will be my daily driver, so I will put 10k a year on either. And, I would like the sportshift, but I drove without it for six months and had fun!

How much are the asking prices for each?

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

[This message has been edited by RyRy210 (edited 07 February 2003).]

Originally posted by RyRy210:
How much are the asking prices for each?

$34,900 for the '91 w/46k - owner willing to negotiate
$37,500 for the '95 w/40k

I personally went from a '95 auto to an '01 auto and really couldn't tell the difference between the 2 from a performance perspective. The '01 seemed louder in the cockpit. The '01 braking was better due to different rotors and calipers etc, but it wasn't an astronomical difference compared to the '95. The reason why I went from a ’95 to an ’01 was because the ’95 I bought sustained some frame damage that the previous owner did not disclose. After finding this out I decided to trade it in for the ’01.

I think as far as auto NSXs go, the sport shift makes a difference in my opinion. I would go for the ’95. Also, most people would point out that the coupe is lighter than the T and is more rigid. To me that was not important since I enjoy the open air motoring experience.

I really think you should go check out the '95 in person though.

I can't help you much with pricing since I'm not that knowledgeable in that department.

Ryan

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Originally posted by wilsonp:
I am attempting to decide if I should buy a '91 Black automatic or a '95 Black automatic.

Considering I was originally planning on buying a 97-99 automatic in three or four years, which would you get today?

Well, the biggest difference between the two cars you're considering is that the '95 is an NSX-T, with its removable roof panel. If you care about the ability to take the top off for open-air motoring on sunny days, get the '95; if not, save the money and get the '91.

Originally posted by RyRy210:
I personally went from a '95 auto to an '01 auto and really couldn't tell the difference between the 2 from a performance perspective.

That's because those two are virtually identical in most respects - same engine, same transmission, etc. - unlike the upgrades in engine and transmission that were made to the manual cars in '97.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 07 February 2003).]

Back