Choices, Choices.... Which one?

Hello All Wheel fanatics!!

As some of you may know that my car will be at CES this year and I'm in a tight spot, since It is only about 3 weeks away.

The Stereo transformation is almost complete (this week/ early next week) and now I will need to "Complete" the LOOK of the car so it "Shows" better.

Here are my Choices...Enkei would be the BRAND I will be considering for this post.

Enkei RPO3 typeRC - only comes in 18/19 sizes

Silver
rp03rcsilver.bg.jpg

Chrome
rp03rcsbc.bg.jpg

Enkei RPF1 typeRC - only comes in 18/19 sizes
Silver
RPF1typeRC.jpg

These are what "I" Like at the moment...

Offset for the wheels will have to be determined as I prefer a "FLUSH" look without tons of LIP Action...

What Offset should I choose ??

Tire Size would most likely be

215-35-18 /Fs Offset +42 18x8.5
275-30-19 /Rs Offset +18 19x9 (+22 for 19x10)

Click HERE TO see Specs on the RPO3 typeRC

Click HERE to view the RPF1 typeRC Specs
Will these even fit???

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

I like the first one, silver. What color is your car? Or do you like bling-bling? :)

goldNSX said:
I like the first one, silver. What color is your car? Or do you like bling-bling? :)

I like BLING BLING as much as the next guy, but I think Silver would look better.

The car is RED/Black-Red interior

12261passdoor-1.JPG

and I MIGHT be painting the STOCK Caliper RED as well... Since brakes are stock, I think I will need to go with a fatter spoke or more spokes to cover them up.

Mike

Mojorator said:
Offset for the wheels will have to be determined as I prefer a "FLUSH" look without tons of LIP Action...

What Offset should I choose ??

Tire Size would most likely be

215-35-18 /Fs Offset +42 18x8.5
275-30-19 /Rs Offset +18 19x9 (+22 for 19x10)

Click HERE TO see Specs on the RPO3 typeRC

Click HERE to view the RPF1 typeRC Specs
Will these even fit???

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Hey Mike,
Some of the offsets you suggest are way too aggressive for a stock bodied NSX.

For the fronts, I have a 18x8" wheel with a +35 offset and here's how it sits (my car is stock bodied).
IMG_1866_800.jpg

A +42 offset on a 18x8.5" will stick out 1mm further than what mine is at (1mm isn't much, but tire selection will be crucial to make this work. I have the Falken 451s and the tire has a "stretch" look to them and helps prevent rubbing in my case).

As for the Rear. I have a 19x10 with a +30 offset and here is how it sits (NOTE: the reflection of the top of the Lip and its position relative to the fender).
IMG_1877_800.jpg

IMG_1874_800.jpg

A +22 offset will stick out an additional 8mm from what I have. It won't be "flush" and will hit the stock fenders on any bump. I highly don't recommend it.

The 19x9" +18 will sit 1mm inward from what you see in the picture (this should work).

Use this calculator to make things work:
http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Last edited:
Adrian-

Thanks for the details sir..this helps out..a TON!!!

I knew my numbers didn't look right, but I was just going by the Website Specs...looks like I might need to go with a different set of wheels to fit my "Flush" application..

Mike

I think the 8.5" front wheel will be too wide for a 215 width tire. I have a 215 on a 8.0" and it is a bit stretched already.

I vote for the second one. More bling especially when they are 18/19 in size.

Back