Chicago meet - Let's get together!

I have been exchanging pm's with a few local members and we all came to the conclusion that it's time for a meet!

We are thinking about doing this mid May on a Friday or Saturday evening somewhere where we can sit down, grab a bite and talk about cars.

Please share your ideas so that we can lock the date and place as soon as possible that way we can all mark our calendars.

I need to see what Track Events are going on in May and where. I would prefer a Saturday.

Starved Rock might work but that last time I was down there late in the year the roads were pretty beat up. That was in Nov of 2010. Hopefully they are better.

This is a great idea, I'm definitely up for it. I was there right before winter and I don't remember the roads being all that bad.

Shogunnsx, Do you know any places where we can meet, eat something and hang out for a few minutes?

How is May 14th or 21st for everyone?

15th or 21st should work for me. I looked at the events for Autobahn and both weekends have groups that I have ran with in the past (ChinMotorsports and Northwoods Shelby Club). I am leaning towards doing the NWS on Sunday May 22 Track if anyone is interested.

^^^ Not a bad idea... though I would like to go faster on that track than touring speeds.

I know....was just a thought for the newbies wanting to get their feet wet.

^^^ Not a bad idea... though I would like to go faster on that track than touring speeds.

And you can do this Pruhnke...Join me on the first open track weekend of the year thinking of doing Saturday April 30th RA is long and fun.

http://roadamerica.fbody.us/

Last edited:
I think the intent is to just have a quick Saturday ride in the AM. With a lunch social. We can meet at the Big R retail store in Morris. The address is <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">2655 Sycamore Dr</st1:address></st1:Street> Morris in the parking lot. The building was an old Wal-mart. We will take DuPont rd and work toward the Starve Rock area. We will have lunch at the Starve rock restaurant which is pretty good and sit outside weather permitting. Any other suggestion let us know. Jeff

I personally like the idea of Road America since it is one of those places I want to visit with my car in the near future, hoewever I think we should stick to the idea of a Saturday morning cruise and lunch like Jeff said. This way we will hopefully attract more members which will make this event/meet more fun! :)
Jeff, is there a way you can test drive the route to check the road conditions?

The fbody day looks interesting though I was always was afraid of the speeds that could be reached at that track and the runoff room.

Last edited:
My employer has blocked NSXPrime so I know must usey Droid to monitor these threads.
After sitting in front of a pc for most of the day at work, I hate to use on unless necessary at home.

The fbody day looks interesting though I was always was afraid of the speeds that could be reached at that track and the runoff room.

If you have experience tracking and I think you do you should know your limits. Top speed for me at the track is 140mph into turn 1 and on a good day 12 in 4th gear I have the shorts gears and 4.23 final. Been in Mark G's new SC NSX and we saw 158mph last Oct now that is a moving. Here is a vid from a few years ago giving my nephew a ride...he really loved it getting my doors blown off by a 996 TT his dream car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2_0mG9Uis

Members I just checked out the roads on Friday and it looks good. Just a small section on west Dupont rd near Senca has a few pot holes. Other wise I think it is a go. Remember that the earlier we go.... less traffic there is. Thats all for now. Jeff

Back