Check out this driveway.

Just when you thought you had problems geting into your driveway.

pic11604_1.jpg

I think you need to drive up it at an angle AND have a 600 ft long piece of wood. That is some serious poor planning.

My kids would love it though.

I think I'd have to put a lift kit on my Excursion for that driveway. :eek:

If the house is in a state that sees snow, then that would be the a great, albeit short, sled hill...er, driveway.:p :)

Ponyboy said:
That has got to be a Photochop. PLEASE tell me that's a Photochop.

I used to do concrete years ago. My take on this goes like this. The concrete is usually poured all at once. If you look at the picture, you'll see that there is no approach on the last driveway(between the sidewalk and the street). The color of the dirt is supspect and is clear in some places and others looks fuzzy. Also, the color of the concrete changes in many places, which is not consitent with a new development. If you replace a sidewalk after a few years, I could see it being a different color, but not new pours. NO way would an inspector allow such a steep angle to be poured like that. It looks like only the last one is photochopped and the closer ones look to be believable. Check out the sidewalk to the left of the suspect driveway and you can see it doesn't match up and you would be falling over walking from the driveway to the porch. The garage doors are WAY out of proportion, with the right one looking like you could barely walk through it, let alone get a car through it.

Another Dead Giveaway

See here the driveway meets the house? At that elevation, is the top of the house's concrete foundation. Other than some custom, such as a sunken den, the concrete foundation will be at the same elevation throughout the house.....including the perimeter. For brick houses, the foundation has a recess called a "brick ledge" for the brick. The brick laying begins at this elevation, not several feet below as shown in the picture.

Look at the bottom of the gutter downspout. They are not terminated in mid-air. They terminate near the ground. The layers of brick below the guttter downspout have been photoshopped.

That pic looks so photoshopped!!

The 2nd driveway has a totally different angle of elevation.

Photoshop or not I have seen this type of stuff before. Not as dramatic mind you. It wouldn't surprise me if someone did this to prove a point. In short, builder/development wants to use an easement driveway for all the homes seen in the picture b/c the grade is too steep for direct entry to the street (daaaa). Entry of the drive could be placed on the up hill side leading to the last garage. Developer has to raise grade close to street(parallel) w/retaining wall so access to each garage is provided by a shared driveway, however the govrnment pinheads don't want it done b/c they think the know more about building or an exception must be allowed to meet local codes. Therefore a photoshop to prove his point that the existing elevation is to steep for a functional driveway.

Case closed

:p

Geometry

The 2nd driveway has a totally different angle of elevation.

That is because the garage for the second house is set back further away from the street. The geometry of the triangle will always result in a lesser incline. Nothing conclusive with this configuration, that the phot has been doctored.

When I lived in Staten Island, NY in the late '70s we had a similar problem. The garages were below the houses, and lower than street level. In order to squeeze more houses into the community, the builder located the houses too close to the street, making it impossible to park most cars in the garage. There was a lawsuit, and the builder claimed bankruptcy. The business owners simply set up another company with a different name and continued building houses.

Back