check engine light on

hi primers.. does anybody know how can i fix engine light on? or why? any suggestion? even when i unplug battery. and it will came back after hours. please dont recommend me to go to davids acura. becuz i have been there and ronnie did not solve i:mad:t. he says he fixed it. but came back on the way home. please help. thanks if anybody can share me some info or recommendation person.

hi primers.. does anybody know how can i fix engine light on? or why? any suggestion? even when i unplug battery. and it will came back after hours. please dont recommend me to go to davids acura. becuz i have been there and ronnie did not solve i:mad:t. he says he fixed it. but came back on the way home. please help. thanks if anybody can share me some info or recommendation person.
The President of the NSXCA, Larry Bastanza is the man to bring it to. BTW, have you checked your gas cap?

+1 on Larry. It would help if you pulled the code from the car. Without knowing that it could be a million things. What year is it? Do you notice it running badly or smelling like it's running rich?

A check engine light does not just point to one issue, as it can indicate 1000's. What year car and where are you located?

TAlk to LarryB, I had check engine light when I got my nsx and solved with some fuel injector cleaners. Btw what's the mileage of your nsx?

Last edited:
The President of the NSXCA, Larry Bastanza is the man to bring it to. BTW, have you checked your gas cap?

+1 ............... He's the best ! He cannot do a NJ inspection for emissions though The Don can help you with that.

Last edited:
+1 on Larry B.

Again for a diagnosis/opinion from us Primates, the failure code(s), year, mileage, add-ons such as a supercharger or ECU chip, etc would help us understand the possibilities better.

Note that my '96 with 71,000 miles falls well within range for NJ pollution inspection, according to my local garage. So, once the mystery problem(s) is fixed, emissions should not be an issue.

TheDon uses GT Japanese Automotive in Edison for NJ NSX inspections. I will do that after Larry fixes it weekend after next.

yes i did.. i even unplug battery too..

- - - Updated - - -

yes i did.. i even unplug battery too..
Hi all... thank you very much for input. my nsx is 98 with 20k miles with gt one exhaust. so kind of you people. any suggestion? once again.. thanks you so much! :)

- - - Updated - - -

A check engine light does not just point to one issue, as it can indicate 1000's. What year car and where are you located?
hi.. i lice in ewing n.j.. ans thank you so much.

- - - Updated - - -

yes.. i did. thank you for your input.

- - - Updated - - -

+1 on Larry. It would help if you pulled the code from the car. Without knowing that it could be a million things. What year is it? Do you notice it running badly or smelling like it's running rich?
no.. not at all.. my nsx is 98. thank you for your input.

- - - Updated - - -

TAlk to LarryB, I had check engine light when I got my nsx and solved with some fuel injector cleaners. Btw what's the mileage of your nsx?
hi .. 98 nsx with 20k miles. thanks for your input.

- - - Updated - - -

+1 ............... He's the best ! He cannot do a NJ inspection for emissions though The Don can help you with that.
hi.. that is this mean? more specific please. thank you very much.

Now that we know it is OBD2 it is very easy to determine why the light is on. Anyone with a code reader can pull the code, even Autozone reads them for free. If you want to drove out Rt80 I will read the code for you with my reader.

Back