Cheap NSX on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4550656248&category=5337

8c_1_b.JPG

LOL......I wonder if the person just made a typo when they put in their price or if it's just a scam to get some idiot to send 3500?

tbck2793 said:
LOL......I wonder if the person just made a typo when they put in their price or if it's just a scam to get some idiot to send 3500?

I think it's either a scam, or a really really REALLY crappy NSX that has been in the local lakes a few times and dragged out by cranes.

Even at $35,000 it is still too cheap for a 2001. A good conditioned NA1, ok, but 2001?

Oh well, typo I guess! :biggrin:

Invalid Item
This listing (4550656248) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available.

Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly. If the item
was removed by eBay, please consider this transaction canceled. If anybody
contacts you to complete the sale, please ignore the request. Completing
the sale outside of eBay may be unsafe and will not be covered by eBay
purchase protection programs.

Items that ended more than 90 days ago are no longer accessible through the eBay system.

I'm bettting it was a fraudulent listing. At of 1820 PST, it was deleted from the database. Only Ebay can do this, if the user did it it would just list "item is no longer for sale" or "Relisted".

You would have to use paypal immediately to "buy it now". I wonder if paypal would cover the loss....

Drew

xxx said:
I was about to buy it now and see the outcome. I was literally minutes too late. :frown:
Minutes too late to lose your money to the scammer who placed the ad - and you're unhappy about that? :eek:

When a LEGITIMATE auction is closed by a buyer using "Buy It Now", the listing remains displayed on eBay. They only delete an auction if it's ILLEGITIMATE/SCAM (or a few months after a legitimate auction closes).

Sorry, I wasn't upset that I saved my money :rolleyes:, moreso I was
wanting to see the outcome, as the auction did have a legit VIN#,
and the lister's feedback was 100% across 88 people...so I was curious
as to if it was a typo or some sort, and maybe I'd found a loophole, is all. :smile:

I got a reply from him, regarding the email I sent him about the car! :confused:

Sent : May 17, 2005 4:19:30 PM
To : *********@*******.***
Subject : Re: Question for eBay item #4550656248 - Acura : NSX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachment : 1.jpg (0.07 MB), 2.jpg (0.06 MB), 3.jpg (0.06 MB), 4.jpg (0.09 MB)

Hello dear eBayer,

I am glad that you emailed me regarding the listing on eBay.

My name is Roger Thompson. First off all let me tell you that shipment will
be paid by me (only if you are in the US) and your final price to pay is US
$3,500. The car is located in the NY where i live at this time and as i told
you if you need it shiped in the US will be for free.

For sale I have a Acura NSX T-Targa from 2001 in excellent confition.
Looks great and runs as well. Only 22,400 Miles, non smoker car and i
am the only owner. It has no known mechanical problems. I repeat:
final price you’ll have to pay is $3,500. I will pay all shipping and
delivery costs (they are included in the buy it now price as i told you).
Some other features include: Climate Control System, Sport Seats, Rear
Spoiler, Cruise Control, Tilt Steering Wheel, Clock, Tachometer, Bose Sound
System - AM/FM - Cassette - CD Changer - Anti-Theft - 6 Speaker
System. Separate Tweeters. I have included some pictures just in case.
Any other info about the car just let me know.

I prefer our deal to be supervised by eBay and Square Trade that is why I
will put them notify you about my activity and our deal. eBay will assign
an agent that will handle our transaction because i feel more secure with
a third party like ebay involved.

Please send me your full name and address so I let eBay know that
you are interested and on my pre-approved list and also will help me to
start preparing the shipment.

You will receive an email from them instructing you about payment and
delivery. I work by the principle that I don’t touch your money until
you receive and inspect the goods. Hoping that I have kept your attention
and your interested is still on, I look forward for any questions that you
might have regarding the car.

Yours,
Roger Thompson

Maybe I should email him back and get more info and see where it goes! :biggrin:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 435
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 426
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 422
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 420
I got the exact same email back! You should play around with him. Thats an awesome deal for $3500. My friend played along with one of these types of scams (for a motorcycle) and noticed that the quality of his grammer and the amount of spelling mistakes increased as more and more emails went back and forth. Let us know how it goes. =)

Hapa88 said:
I got the exact same email back! You should play around with him. Thats an awesome deal for $3500. My friend played along with one of these types of scams (for a motorcycle) and noticed that the quality of his grammer and the amount of spelling mistakes increased as more and more emails went back and forth. Let us know how it goes. =)

I just fired off an email! Will post the results when/if I get them... :biggrin:

Hapa88 said:

I played around with one of these before. I was playing dumb. It was quite amusing. We went back and forth for several days -he was sure he had me. We had the whole thing set up for me to wire the money and all told him i was going to do it then i asked him exactly where the car was and he said London. I said NO WAY !! I just happen to be going there next week for my vacation ! Lets meet up ..............
Hmm... i never received another email. :biggrin:
-j-

jimmycinla said:
I played around with one of these before. I was playing dumb. It was quite amusing. We went back and forth for several days -he was sure he had me. We had the whole thing set up for me to wire the money and all told him i was going to do it then i asked him exactly where the car was and he said London. I said NO WAY !! I just happen to be going there next week for my vacation ! Lets meet up ..............
-j-

I plan on doing that...saying I am in New York this weekend and
I'll come down with cash and get the car and we'll seal the deal! :biggrin:

jimmycinla said:
-j-

ROFL...

I did the same thing, said i was near on a business trip, and will bring the cash. All sorts off excuses, and after displaying the scam thread, the guy still said he owned the car.
Anyway, it soon ended in calling me names and all sorts....

Funny though.

Well, I fired off an email to the seller

In quick succession: the listing was deleted and I got a note from ebay stating NOT to talk to the seller and if had already sent the money---"well, please contact them".

The "seller" later sent me the SAME reponse as he did to <b>xxx</b>.

what to do...

Drew

Last edited:
And then I got this today. I emailed back the [email protected] and it bounced. My reply to [email protected] asking for the vehicles address in NYC, so I just "pay cash and not have to rent a car", has not been answered.

I just so happen to have a buddy in NYC for the next few daze, just in case the car really is $3500. ;)

To: <potential victim>
Date: May 19, 2005 3:52 PM
Subject: eBay Customer Support - Case ID: 2001 Acura NSX T-Targa
Payment Instructions!

2001 Acura NSX T-Targa item #4550656248

This was sent by eBay's Customer Support team!

Trust and Safety Department is recording the transaction for these items at the request of the seller. Both the seller and the buyer will be protected against fraud. If something goes wrong we will investigate and take appropriate action based upon the policy violation and the member involved recovering the funds or the merchandise.

The seller's purchase protection account is locked until this transaction is completed.

Please follow our instructions on this notice to complete the transaction safely.

Because of the nature and value of the item being sold the seller requested a deposit from the total amount and the balance to be payed after a ten days inspection period of the merchandise.

The buyer sends the money representing the deposit and emails or faxes the receipt to our department. We will instruct the seller to ship the item and email you the tracking number. After you receive the item you must inform eBay's Customer Support team. You'll have ten days to inspect it. If it is complete and as described, the buyer should accept the merchandise. If he refuses the merchandise, the buyer must ship the merchandise back to the seller within three business days, on seller expenses.

If the buyer accepts the merchandise he has to complete the payment for the balance within 5 days from the inspection period end.

Here are the informations about this seller and the item(s) included in the Protection Plan:

ID: ranchr1
e-mail address: [email protected]
name: Roger Thompson
curent location: USA
address: 23 East 73rd Street, New York, NY, 10021, USA

item(s): 2001 Acura NSX T-Targa

price: US $3,500.00

deposit: US $2,000.00

balance after 10 days inspection: US $1,500.00

shipping: US $0.00 (paid by seller)

Shipping: seller's obligation Status: Ready to ship
Payment: Western Union Status: Pending

In order to ensure you maximum security the seller requested our service to assign an agent as receiver and holder for the deposit until you receive the item. This way our service can give you full protection because the seller will not touch the money until you inform us that you accept the item.

Bellow you’ll find the details of our employee:

Name: Malcolm Stuart

Headquarters address: 325 East 45th Street, New York, NY, 10017, USA

To submit the payment you have to go with cash and ID to the nearest Western Union office and complete the wire transfer. Send the money to the above name and address.
As soon as the payment will be completed you must notify eBay's Customer Support team so we instruct the seller to ship the item.

You must scan and email or fax to our location the original Western Union receipt or else our department will have no prove that you actually made the deposit and will not instruct the seller to ship.
Send the receipt to [email protected] or fax it to our department at 408-351-0128

eBay's Customer Support team will suply the seller with your name and address for shipment from you eBay account.

If these details changed or you wish the item to be delivered to any other address you must inform us when you email or fax the receipt.

If you have questions please email us at [email protected]

Regards,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc

I'm very sorry to bump this, but I'd like to know how it turned out? I have been talking with someone about a 1998 3000GT VR4 and the story seems to be quite similar thus far. Car is in MA, USA yet he is in London and willing to fly in to complete the transaction. He wants a deposit however and the e-mail from "[email protected]" (which is how I found this thread and site, by that e-mail in google) gave me a similar letter as the one above here. He took a picture of the title and whatnot, but who knows. What got me though, there was a valid vin number and such. Still, I'm waiting on his next reply. It seems he avoided my need of a phone number and more importantly, wanting to see the car in person first before submitting any type of payment for any amount. I live close to the car location, so I could very well go see it. I'll see what he says about that, but in too many ways did it seem fishy and so close to this story here. I'm not sending my money out, never was without seeing the car, but now I see I'm going to have to be even more carefull after reading this. If anyone has any more of a follow up I'd appreciate it.

The e-mail one of you guys got:

"You will receive an email from them instructing you about payment and
delivery. I work by the principle that I don’t touch your money until
you receive and inspect the goods.
Hoping that I have kept your attention
and your interested is still on, I look forward for any questions that you
might have regarding the car."

The one I got:

"i work by the principle that I don’t touch your money until you receive and
inspect the goods.
i hope that you are ok to make the deal by eBay since this way is the only way that I can move forward. ince I saw a strong interest from you after I will send you the description I
will request eBay to send you the invoice hoping that I can speed things up a bit. please wait for the eBay invoice and contact me after you read it with your questions."

Whoa, it's practically a template moved around, nearly word for word!

Sorry if this post bothered anyone, bumping it and all. Though something this important I'm sure someone here is willing to help, though after reading all of this and comparing, it's proboably safe to say it's a scam. Pays to do you're HW.

Oh, haha and nice to meet you all. I'm a 3000GT driver and came here only for this purpose, though I did browse around some while here. You've got some badass cars! :smile:

Yama said:
He wants a deposit however and the e-mail from "[email protected]"... Still, I'm waiting on his next reply. It seems he avoided my need of a phone number...
but in too many ways did it seem fishy
How about calling Rickey A Mills at 501.945.2094 in Little Rock, AR.? That's who the domain customer-support-invoice.com is registered to. [the reverse phone lookup says the number is for 'A 1 Floor Company in Little Rock.]

Fishy? Naw. More like a dead mammal on the beach - a whale.

[email protected] sounds like such an obvious scam.

They even have customer-support-invoice.com redirect you to Ebay so you

think its them.. This just seems like a more sophisticated E-mail scam.

Just remember if its too good to be true it almost always is.

Back