• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Center armrest

Still getting to know the small details of my NSX. Two things: 1) Does everyone’s center armrest look like mine? It just doesn’t seem to really match the rest of the interior trim’s finish. I’m thinking about redoing it and the door cards in a nappa leather. 2) what have other’s done?

Attachments

• IMG_1740.jpeg
    IMG_1740.jpeg
    355.9 KB · Views: 13
what year?

Welcome to Prime!

Hard to tell from such a small pic. JDM/USM? It looks like Black leather on top with Black pleather below it, and Tan plastic from a two-tone interior below that? Is that a 1-piece cover? It should be a 3 compartment cover in 1998. Was yours recovered in leather? That does seem like a good idea - to match the leather on the door under your other arm; I wish mine was leather. Despite BAT's continuous assertions to the contrary, most of the interior is pleather, with leather only on the contact surfaces, even on the seats. Both portions of the 2-piece armrest were pleather on my 1995.

There are a bunch of different OEM center armrests, even before you even consider mods:
  1. Uniform black vs two-tone brown/black, ivory/black interiors...
  2. Single compartment with one cover/with the DOHC Logo or without the DOHC Logo
  3. Triple compartment
    1. LHD vs RHD
Was it 1994 that the center armrests changed from the original single compartment design to a 3 compartment design? That top that opens like a clamshell for a (dangerously useless) cup holder and coin holder; It also opens away from the driver to access the original deep storage. (The prior owners of both of my NSX's had no idea this deeper storage existed and I found stuff from owners before them.) However, OEMacuraparts.com shows the 3 compartment console going all the way back to 1991? Amayama parts diagrams are ambiguous; only 3-compartment RHD parts are available now. The 1-piece covers are NLA from both vendors.

I wonder if anyone with a 3-compartment console switched back to the 1-piece to save weight. (Did the Zanardi?)

Update your account details/avatar and throw your particulars in your sig so we know what year, location, etc?

Last edited:
It’s a 3 piece cover and I just found the lower compartment after 2 months of ownership. I’m thinking of doing the door cards and armrests all in Nappa and get rid of that gathered look on the doors.

Back