Cat bypass...really turns on the check engine light?

OK, I guess I should go ahead and ask, since I will be doing this next week:confused: .

I bought an ARK exhuast and dali test pipes, to bypass the cats. I was reading on someone elses post that their exhaust wasn't loud enough, but...

they didn't want to bypass the cats because it would trip the check engine light....:confused:

:confused: IS THIS SO?? :confused:

So, how can I get the check engine light to go off then, or fix that problem if this is true?

Suggestions NOW will help me next week, thanks very much!

Before I got my AEM installed, I had a small electronic device made by Comptech, that "fools" the computer into thinking the cats are working. No check engine lights.
btcog82 said:
OK, I guess I should go ahead and ask, since I will be doing this next week:confused: .

I bought an ARK exhuast and dali test pipes, to bypass the cats. I was reading on someone elses post that their exhaust wasn't loud enough, but...

they didn't want to bypass the cats because it would trip the check engine light....:confused:

:confused: IS THIS SO?? :confused:

So, how can I get the check engine light to go off then, or fix that problem if this is true?

Suggestions NOW will help me next week, thanks very much!

Back