Cars & Croissants Location for Saturday Oct 26

I just got the email below. Unfortunately, I can't make this one.

We are meeting this Saturday, Oct 26 at the Hilton Parsippany:

Hilton Parsippany
One Hilton Court
Parsippany, NJ

Date: Saturday, April 6
Time: 8:30 am to 11:00 am

Which parking lot? Please go to the back side of the hotel (west side near the
ballroom entrance). If you enter the Hilton lot with the main entrance in front
of you, take an immediate right and follow the internal road around to the back
side of the building.

This hotel is located off of Route 10, just west of 287. It is easily
accessible from routes 287, 10, 24, 80, 46, and 202 among other major routes.
There is a coffee shop inside with the usual breakfast fare as well as a couple
of other restaurants if anyone wants to stay after for brunch/lunch. And, we
have access to the restrooms!

Please remember the usual common sense behaviors -- no burning rubber or loud
engine revving in the parking lot or leaving the premises. We are guests at the
Hilton, and they have been kind enough to let us use their lot as a courtesy.
Please respect their property and the paying guests at the hotel.

Please let your friends know who may not get this email.

See you all on Saturday. As always, we will re-confirm on Friday in the event of weather issues.

Kirk and Abi​

Shame its not on Sunday. I have work saturday.

I'll be driving to Long Island from Pittsburgh that AM and may try to stop by for a quick coffee. I'll wax up my 2002 Accord with 216k miles but at least it may have some cool Nsx wheels in the trunk.

I'll be there with the NSX. ..................... Aaron? Simon? Steve? Mike?

Rich,
I will be there, I was thinking about firing up the Dodge as I have not taken it out in months.

I'm still going to try to stop by if I'm making good from Philly after picking up my NA1 type-R wheels tomorrow morning finally (excited for that!).

But since I'm making this roundtrip run in one day (PGH to Cinnaminson NJ to Westhampton Beach NY and then back to PGH in one day), time is a little matter I need to watch.

Can I ask you local'ers: how is traffic generally on Saturday late mornings over the verrazano narrows bridge vs. I-80 then 95 thru the Bronx? In either case, the ultimate destination is Westhampton Beach. Or the real question - could I expect a to make up any time over a less-trafficked northern 80/95 route vs. the bridge? Looking for add'l insurance to not loose too much time and also enticement to stop by, stretch my legs for a few minutes, and not lose too much time overall.

Thanks!

Case of the golden mother's milk in the car for champ19 who sold me my NSX. :) Ok so actually Iron City tastes good mostly/only after cutting grass on a hot day or when eating a Primanti Brothers sandwich...

Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 8.43.54 PM.jpg

you will not have any better traffic northern or southern route...but since we are out of the beach weather i would think the staten island- belt pkwy -southern state rt won't be horrendous..not great but taking the LIE or northern state will be similar.

Thanks. I'll use this info next time... Looks like there's no way I'll be able to fit in a stop by today. Was a fun thought tho! :(

Back