Carfax vs autocheck

I have been told that autocheck in better and comes up with more negative
hits than carfax.

However, 99 nsx in Illinois---autocheck was clean and carfax showed the
accident on 11-15-03 vin jh4na2163xt000101.

Because either service comes up with a clean report definitely does not
remotely guarantee that the car never had accident issues etc.

hits than carfax.

I work in the car industry and we use AutoCheck. Based on what I've been told in the past and what we have found in market research is that AutoCheck tends to be more accurate with less inconsistencies and inaccurate data. That's obviously not to say that AutoCheck can't be wrong, but I just figured I'd chime in to give you a little more input as to what I've heard in the past.

hits than carfax.

These companies provide some "reasonable" level of comfort relative to service history/condition. It is my strong view that you use this information as "feedback" along with other information when deciding on buying a car. I physically inspected my car, drove it, PPI'd it, talked to the owner, inspected service records, got the views of a car friend all helped my decide to purchase. Never never rely on one thing let alone you "gut" feeling.

p.s. I only used Carfax, didn't care if one company was better than another. Because, I used several tools to make the decision.....

Autocheck is superior, not to mention a much better value. Two months for less than the cost of 1 with Carfax! Not to mention, it takes most prudent people at least a month to find it.

I still have an Autocheck acct and have found it HIGHLY valuable. We came across a couple of "clean Carfax" cars that had TWO accidents and total losses by the insurance! Dealerships were selling it as if they were brand new perfect cars. We couldn't believe it..."ugh... it's clean Carfax, we don't know whether Autocheck is right or wrong" unh huh.

Back