carfax request please, and advice wanted too

Hi - I have a ZX turbo, as well as the NSX.
Is this a normally aspirated or turbo car? Hold out for a twin-turbo if it's not. The turbo is so easy to squeeze a lot more power out of at not a lot of money - simple ecu mod (chip) & boost orifices (or a boost controller if you want to be able to control how much to dial it up to) is very affordable ($600 new, much less on the used market). They don't stop worth a damn though, so better brakes definitely a consideration.
Incidentally you cannot upgrade a NA to a TT so don't think you can maybe add it later - the NA is open-deck unlike the TT.
The Supra & ZX TT are two of the easiest cars out there to squeeze lots of ponies out of & the motors are built to stand it - it'll do 500hp easy on a stock motor and it won't break your wallet in the process like an NSX will.
Check out http://www.300zxforum.com/ for all you ever wanted to know about Z's. Feel free to pm me if you want more info, links etc.

I think you could have the same luck (good or bad) with either one - really depends on the owner & maintenance history. The TT is certainly a much stronger engine, being built to withstand the TT to begin with & as I say it can easily take 500hp on stock motor. Just because it is a turbo doesn't necessarily mean its been thrashed: mine eblonged to my father-in-law who treated it like I treat my NSX - well-maintained & inmmaculately kept - sure, its driven hard occasionally but not over-driven
As far as regular maintenance costs, I don't see much difference in typical repairs or general maintenance.
I would still say hold out for a TT - almost $8K for NA seems a lot for 115K+ miles. However if you don't care about the extra performance it may not matter to you. The TT will definitely be worth more, they're in greater demand.
You probably know this, but at first glance TT easily recognizable between the two by the spoiler on the tailgate.
Ohh - they have the same crappy Bose stereo problems as the NSX i.e. the amps blow up! First thing I replaced on mine when I inherited it!! l

Well, my Z is pushing almost 400HP with intake & exhaust, chip & boost jets, so it pretty much gets up & goes! But it is a heavy car & sure doesn't handle or brake like the NSX, but then what does?
Check around on that forum link I posted above - lots of good info there to keep you busy for weeks!

Attachments

• twin reds 111.jpg
    twin reds 111.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 64
Back