CARFAX questions - is it really that accurate and reliable?

Hi

I am hoping to soon be a NEW NSX owner... (keeping my fingers crossed) and am hoping to join this elite group of folks soon! Many folks seem to rely heavily on carfax.com so... I was wondering, I am about to sign up for the carfax.com site to see if this particular NSX i am looking at has a clean title.

So I had a few questions...

1) Is carfax really that realiable?
2) Is there another place i can gather the history on a car that is more accurate?
3) What are some specific areas i should pay attention to on the carfax.com if i run the record?

Lastly,

4) I was wondering if anyone happens to currently have an active carfax.com runing now, if so, I know it is a lot to ask, but i was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to run a VIN for me and send me the info via email. ([email protected]) Please email me directly so i can tell you the VIN to look up for me. I am also curious to see the format of the carfax and what kind of info is really in there.

If not, no worries... I planned to sign up myself shortly as well...

Much thanks to all of you...

Take care,

eric
[email protected]

Last edited:
carfax is only useful if it DOES find something.

if it finds an accident, 99% accurate that there was an accident or something wrong.. but because many many HEAVY damaged cars are not reported so you can't have that piece of mind you may want.

what you do want to do is an inspection at an Acura dealer, etc etc... these guys will give you more to think about.

Edub said:
4) I was wondering if anyone happens to currently have an active carfax.com runing now, if so, I know it is a lot to ask, but i was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to run a VIN for me and send me the info via email. ([email protected]) Please email me directly so i can tell you the VIN to look up for me. I am also curious to see the format of the carfax and what kind of info is really in there.

If you want to run a single report, I think they have a $1.50 special at the moment.

Thanks for the updates guys... This info is important to me.

I checked the carfax.com site and looks to me that there are only 2 prices... one for 19.99 and one for 24.99. I am not able to locate the 1.50 special... If you know of how to actually sign up for that, please let me know. I think i found the offer on slickdeals.net for the special, but unfortunately looks like it has expired...

Much thanks!

Eric
[email protected]

Sorry to ask again... was just checking to see if anyone had an active carfax at this time.

much thanks

eric

Back