CarFax PLEASE!!

JH4NA1159NT000750

might go and buy this car, getting it cheap, owner told me theres an accident just wanted to see the carfax, thanks alot guys

Why don't you just spend the twenty bucks?? You're also aware that if anyone pulls the Carfax for you that they will lose their account.

06/01/1995 Oregon
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Title #9519872132 SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED

<skip down>

06/11/2003 42,042 Collision Repair Facility
Oregon Structural / frame inspection performed
after an accident or other incident
Structural / frame damage reported
CARFAX began reporting information from this source on 05/06/2005.

Do we have a name yet for guys that want to buy an NSX and can't afford a $20 carfax?

That is so cheap.

Last year on NSX prime, a guy was asking for a carfax, for a 2002 or 2004 NSX he was looking at buying. Looking at a $60,000 plus car, but the $20 dollars didnt seem like a wise investment ?!

cheap F*cks eh?, acutally no its not that im cheap i acutally owed a Ferrari 360 after i sold my first nsx and now im looking at another NSX, so i highly doubt anyone would consider me a "cheap F*ck", so what if someone wants to help me out, if they already paid for the product, it was nice of NoLimit to help me out, so next time just keep ur stupid comments to yourself.

Here we go again, eh?

Read the rules that are in stickied in bold at the top of this forum:

>>> Tips for this forum -- please read before posting <<<
...2. Don't post a VIN and ask someone to run a Carfax report for you. Carfax considers sharing reports a violation of their terms of service and will typically cancel the Carfax account of whoever runs the report to share with you. They actively monitor NSX Prime and other popular car forums looking for such violations.

By the way, I am not looking to be a teetotaler here. The REASON it is a good idea not to post this thread WITH THE VIN IN IT is that CarFax monitors the forum. If they see someone posting a VIN and asking for the carfax, then whoever runs that VIN gets a nastygram from Carfax. So, you've screwed the person that did you a favor.

A smarter way to handle this, albeit still against the rules, would have been to say "anyone willing to run a carfax for me? I will PM you the VIN."

A smarter way, WITHOUT violating the rules would be to get the seller to run the carfax for you, or pay for it yourself.

Good luck with your shopping. Welcome to the forum. FYI, people respond a lot better to newcomers who read the rules and don't call us stupid.

06/01/1995 Oregon
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Title #9519872132 SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED

<skip down="">

06/11/2003 42,042 Collision Repair Facility
Oregon Structural / frame inspection performed
after an accident or other incident
Structural / frame damage reported
CARFAX began reporting information from this source on 05/06/2005.

I beg to differ. Believe your CarFax report is out of date and highly inaccurate.

My CarFax report:

06/11/2007 32,048 Galpin Auto Sports(GAS)
California Structural / Pimping performed
1. installed: ten 7" monitors both exterior and interior
2. color matched L.E.D. throughout headliner
3. Holy bat wings(tm) vertical doors installed with smoke generator
4. personalized "X to da Z" signage
5. quadruple dubs (FORTEE-FOURS!) w/real diamonds

Structural / ricer damage reported
CARFAX began reporting information from this source on 05/06/2002.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any false representation. It is your sole responsibility to verify the accuracy and authenticity of such reports.

</skip>

Here we go again, eh?

Read the rules that are in stickied in bold at the top of this forum:

By the way, I am not looking to be a teetotaler here. The REASON it is a good idea not to post this thread WITH THE VIN IN IT is that CarFax monitors the forum. If they see someone posting a VIN and asking for the carfax, then whoever runs that VIN gets a nastygram from Carfax. So, you've screwed the person that did you a favor.

A smarter way to handle this, albeit still against the rules, would have been to say "anyone willing to run a carfax for me? I will PM you the VIN."

A smarter way, WITHOUT violating the rules would be to get the seller to run the carfax for you, or pay for it yourself.

Good luck with your shopping. Welcome to the forum. FYI, people respond a lot better to newcomers who read the rules and don't call us stupid.

i apologize, as i admitt i am wrong, but there is no need to call anyone a "cheap f*ck" i simply did not read the rules.

i apologize, as i admitt i am wrong, but there is no need to call anyone a "cheap f*ck" i simply did not read the rules.

Don't take it too personal. Everyone here is pretty friendly. You have to understand this comes up once every few weeks and it's kind of a PIA to have to explain things everytime. If you are serious I recommend you do not trust a carfax from someone else.

Greetings
A carfax guarantee only covers the title. Any other information listed is not covered under the guarantee. I ran one on the NSX before purchase and on our other cars we currently own. I was not impressed with the results -- but then again, what do you expect for $20.:smile:
Martin

Since I do not know you, I do not know for certian if you are a cheap bastard or not. :D But in the past there have been heated debates about this topic. Since you've sold your 360, there is no doubt that you have spare change in your pocket as you no longer have to pay outrageous service bills. Congrats!

Myself and everyone here wishes you the best of luck in finding a nice NSX.

Its no big deal, all I am saying is try to rise above the noise and get a good start. Truly, this is a great group of folks and I am sure you will enjoy your stay here and the car.

thanks for the welcomes, i have been looking over this site for years, since i bought my first nsx, once again i apologize, & i hope we can all help each other out in the future. thanks for the support guys...now the nsx, veilside kit or not? hehe, well ill just put up a new thread for that haha

stupid question i got a carfax account like last month paid like 30$ for it does it only last a month or is it forever??

The $29.99 plan is only good for one month, but you can do unlimited reports within that period.

cheap F*cks eh?, acutally no its not that im cheap i acutally owed a Ferrari 360 after i sold my first nsx and now im looking at another NSX, so i highly doubt anyone would consider me a "cheap F*ck", so what if someone wants to help me out, if they already paid for the product, it was nice of NoLimit to help me out, so next time just keep ur stupid comments to yourself.

cheap is not an issue if you have money or not....

you can have 1 trillion dollars and be too CHEAP to tip the waiter. :wink:

ie: Ferrari 360 $ but wont pay $20 for carfax service. You are using their service with out paying for it. Im not sure how you make a living but what if someone just used your service and didnt pay for it, would you feel its ok? It comes down to principle and character.

lol anyways, me and Doc share the same view and this carfax thing is old news.

I lost my carfax account for doing someone a "favor" now my name is banned from carfax, so everytime i run a carfax, even if i pay for the 30 day service, i get banned with in 24 hours and no refund either. :rolleyes:

So it ends up now that every time i need carfax i have to pay for each individual one.

if your selfish, thats fine. Its a problem when you can harm other people's interests.

happy motoring and have a great weekend.

Last edited:
Back