Carerra GT is beautiful

Reminds me of my own mid engine exotic. Just a little.
carreragt24.jpg

carreragt23.jpg

I am going to make it a goal to get one.

Tan

OMG that is one of the best looking cars I've ever seen. Kudos to the designer.

v10 ~550hp top speed 205
I think it's supposed to be priced around $300k

This is the first time I've seen a pic with the top up.

When I first saw the prototype Carrera GT at the L.A. Auto Show a couple of years ago, it jumped to the top of my dream car list (in fact, it's the first Porsche that I felt that I had to own). Absolutely stunning in person.

Unfortunately, there's no way in hell I'd be able to get my hands on one, even if I had the money. Production run is too limited...and, if I recall, they're already all spoken for.

That reminds me, I still need to get a diecast 1/18 scale one of these.

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black), '03 Honda Pilot EX-L (silver/gray), '97 Honda Civic HX (SOLD!!!)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 03 March 2003).]

Originally posted by akira3d:

That reminds me, I still need to get a diecast 1/18 scale one of these.

Eric,

No kidding. I was thinking the same thing. But, they seem hard to come across. As a matter of fact, the one place I saw it was in a Sharper Image in Hawaii when I was there last summer. Definitely overpriced there, I thought to myself.

-Randy

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey ..........SOLD!!!
1992 SC400
2003 Chevy Suburban LT

Damn, they don't appear to have a choice of colors. I want to get it in silver.

Take a look at Porsche's official website, more photos, sound clips, and info. The power has been increased by aprox 50hp from the concept as well as an increase in weight by aprox 250lbs (previous specs from Porsche's Christophorus magazine).

The Carrera GT is the first Porsche i've looked at and said "now THAT is a supercar. I like it!"

too bad it drives like a brick in Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2.
frown.gif

Here's my goal...

GT_p_concept_06.jpg

GT_p_concept_03.jpg

I think it's going to be too hard to acquire a Carrera.

-Jim

DAMN!!! That's good looking!!! But where do you put the golf clubs?

------------------
Todd E. Williams
'94 NSX Berlina Black/Black

I was told Saturday at the Porsche dealer here(Louisville Ky)they just put a down payment of 50,000 each, 2 will hit the dealership early next year 1 will arrive the following year with a sticker of 450,000. Almost all of the limited run are sold.

but they aren't selling them in Australia so i don't care.
wink.gif

The Carerra GT is the first Porsche i've looked at and said "wow, now that's a supercar"...

I think this car is totally amazing! I did not like the concept car interior, especially where the shifter was... I am anxious to see the final version.

Originally posted by rrwildman:
The only problem I have with it is that you didn't have to tell me it was a Porsche; I could tell be looking at it
frown.gif

- Richard

true, but it doesn't look like a frog.
wink.gif

i guess Honda's have a certain design that makes them all similar. so we can't point the finger at porsche completely. give me an nsx over the carrera anyday though.
biggrin.gif

Back