carbon fiber dash removal

I found a nsx that fits the bill, unfortunately it has a red carbon fiber dash kit recently installed. Anyone ever try to remove any of these kits? Do I need to replace any of the dash components?

I hate to make this a deal breaker.... but I can't stand that glue on carbon fiber stuff over top of the stock dash!

Hello ... are you referring to the Red/Black one that has been on Ebay a few times? I am a car broker, and that car has issues ... and has been through at least 2-3 dealers in the NE before being shipped to CA. I believe there was some head problems with it, so if it is the same car proceed with caution and have a leak down test done!

I don't think this is the same car, this is a red/tan in Delaware. Owner states he has owned the car only for 1 year. But it is in autotrader.com

Thx for any tips

hlweyl said:
Unfortunately it has a red carbon fiber dash kit recently installed. Anyone ever try to remove any of these kits? Do I need to replace any of the dash components?
The glue-on dash trim is removable -- there was a red NSteX (with many mods) that had the woodgrain dash on it, that was removed. Hopefully the former owner still frequents these boards.

The danger is some of the glue damaging the OE factory finish... the dash panels CAN be refinished too if necessary.

Back