Caravan to NSXPO on 10/4

For those interested in joining the ride to Ohio leaving on Thursday (not going to Flubalo for the Pre party) Climberao, Doc Bling, me (RPM217) will be meeting up (at a convenient spot to be determined later) to head on out. I'll be leaving the Westchester area at 6am, plan on meeting up with them around 7am to hopefully arrive out in Ohio @ 3-4pm. If you're interested in joining us, please post up or PM and let me know. We're in the process of trying to figure out whether 78 or 80 (route, not mph) is the better ride.:biggrin:

The list as of now is:
me
Alan
Simon and his better half
Bailey
Mike aka "The Kid" if he bails on Flubalo!
anyone else interested in joining us please either post up or contact me so that we know where/when to expect you. It looks like we'll be travelling out via I-80 for 360+ miles so next Thursday is just around the corner!!!

Last edited:
Roger, I won't be joining the caravan since I've already departed with hopes of getting in some views of fall foilage.

200262814-M-1.jpg

213957571-M.jpg

But, I think I think I've gone too far north...:eek:
200266590-M-1.jpg

BTW, Roger, I will eventually get to Buffalo - Don't ask about Bags - she's still not coming to NSXPO!:smile:

Last edited:
I've driven an nsx several times to the ny nj mass area and back thru columbus and I strongly recommend RT 80 over 78 RT 78 turns into Penn Turnpike and trucks from hell nightmare RT 80 isn't as picturesque but not significantly different IMO:wink:

I've driven an nsx several times to the ny nj mass area and back thru columbus and I strongly recommend RT 80 over 78 RT 78 turns into Penn Turnpike and trucks from hell nightmare RT 80 isn't as picturesque but not significantly different IMO:wink:
Thanks for the input, we've already booked a ticket free ride (knock on wood) out Rt 80, so pray for good driving weather, the i-pod is ready for commercial free music and the nek-bonz is soooooooooo comfortable!!!:biggrin:

In on the caravan

Bails
How many spare parts will you be requiring for this trip :rolleyes:
Glad you're joining this mini caravan :cool:
Are you staying for the track? I will be returning with the rest of the track pack on Weds :cool:
Just a few more days and FREEDOM NSXPO style :cool:

Roger, I won't be joining the caravan since I've already departed with hopes of getting in some views of fall foilage.

200262814-M-1.jpg

200266379-M.jpg

But, I think I think I've gone too far north...:eek:
200266590-M-1.jpg

BTW, Roger, I will eventually get to Buffalo - Don't ask about Bags - she's still not coming to NSXPO!:smile:

Tony
Enjoy your photo sojourn. Is anyone joining you on your wayward photojournalistic travels to OHIO :cool:
Have a safe and fun trip !

BTW, Roger, I will eventually get to Buffalo - Don't ask about Bags - she's still not coming to NSXPO!:smile:[/QUOTE]

Tony, I hope that you have a wonderful photojournalistic voyage, utilize all of the new equiptment that you snuck past Bags, and hopefully all the new equiptment that she's buying you for your birthday, (while working 3 jobs to pay for it). Know that while we're willing to accept your presence, it will be with a "heavy heart" as our beloved Bags will not be in attendance. Please let her know that I send my best, and will miss her smiling face and wonderful personality.

not to sway majority rules, but if we head out rt
76, thru harrisburg, we could visit the fl 93 site
in shanksville/somerset county...
fair to say, i would like to pay my respects.
2782.500px.pjpeg.jpg

rt 80 tends to be monotonous, & thumpy. speed junkie would always jump
off the beaten path...:wink:

Bump, I've updated the particpant list to reflect recent events, if you know that you're going to, or not going to join us, please post up and let us know. For those coming from the NY area, I'll be heading out 287 to the TZ bridge, I can meet those who'd like at the "normal" meeting spot on Westchester Ave at 6am, or when we determine that meeting point for the Jerzey Boyz, you can meet us there if you prefer!! I'm really looking forward to next week, everyone be safe!!

Jon maybe the best thing might be to plan the flight 93 site visit for the ride home ,then at least you have some time at xpo to discuss logistics,and you may get more folks interrested in site seeing on the drive home.

Jon maybe the best thing might be to plan the flight 93 site visit for the ride home ,then at least you have some time at xpo to discuss logistics,and you may get more folks interrested in site seeing on the drive home.

john,
i think everyone will be spent, plus departing in mid to late afternoon sunday puts "us" there late. that means the bee-line home
run for me, on sunday night...

like devils tower in cetk i'm drawn to the crash site... i'm not putting down roger's goal.
but this is a calling, and i cannot dishonor the obvious, and sacred in my heart.

i'm sorry. anyone who wants to join me, let me know. never intended to dis the ne fam.
a side benefit to all this is we get to travel thru bag's hometown.....:wink:

i know, fire up the twilight zone theme....:smile:

not to sway majority rules, but if we head out rt
76, thru harrisburg, we could visit the fl 93 site
in shanksville/somerset county...
fair to say, i would like to pay my respects.
2782.500px.pjpeg.jpg

rt 80 tends to be monotonous, & thumpy. speed junkie would always jump
off the beaten path...:wink:

Wow...is that picture really of the crash? :frown:

Im going with you guys now, I cant go to Buffalo:frown: Where is the central NJ crew meeting up?

Re: Caravan to NSXPO on 10/4 - Meeting Off RT80 W

We can meet once we all get off 287 on RTE 80 West
Exit 37 gets off toward Rockaway Town Square Mall AT 7AM
Roger call me when you are getting close to Exit 37 and since it will only be the Kid and me from NJ we will be waiting or will meet the rest of you off the exit or if we are already off the exit we will meet you on the road as you approach (we can determine when you call)

Merge onto I-80 W toward DEL WATER GAP
Take the CR-513 exit, EXIT 37, toward HIBERNIA/ROCKAWAY

Call me on Tuesday to discuss timing

3 days to NSXPO :cool:

Alan, I'll give you a call as I get near Exit 37, should be a little before 7am, we should all tank up before we leave our homes and be good 'til about 10am for a quick gas/pit stop. We can plan on stopping again around 1pm for a refuel and quick bite/pit stop and plan on rolling in to Columbus between 3-4pm, time to check in take a shower/nap and get ready for the nites festivities and the first Yankee victory!!!! Really looking forward to this weekend, everyone travelling from all around, drive safely!!!

Alan is meeting me at my dealership, Thursday at 6:20 am. If anyone else wants to join, come along.:wink:

have a nice ride guys. see you in co,oh:biggrin:
no hard feelings

Re: Caravan to NSXPO on 10/4 - Meeting Off RT80 W

We can meet once we all get off 287 on RTE 80 West
Exit 37 gets off toward Rockaway Town Square Mall AT 7AM
Roger call me when you are getting close to Exit 37 and since it will only be the Kid and me from NJ we will be waiting or will meet the rest of you off the exit or if we are already off the exit we will meet you on the road as you approach (we can determine when you call)

Merge onto I-80 W toward DEL WATER GAP
Take the CR-513 exit, EXIT 37, toward HIBERNIA/ROCKAWAY

Call me on Tuesday to discuss timing

3 days to NSXPO :cool:

Lets make up our minds are we meeting off the exit or on the highway ?

I will be coming to the 80/287 intersection to meet up with you....simon would rather leave direct from here rather then go north to meet up with Roger then come south.

This is exit 37 off 80

I think its best we meet in this parking lot on the map

Since we are all coming from different directions the parking lot is the best place to meet. I believe that one is at Rockaway Mall which is why I picked that area since it should be easy on and off to Rte 80

Please remember (MIKE) that this is going to be a fun ride with NO tickets so tho it may be spirited at times and potentially shorter than 8 hours the plan is to CRUISE and get to Columbus in time to relax and unwind before registration begins.

See you all on Thursday morning at 7AM

THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT

Back