Caravan to Lyme Rock (CT/Other)

I'd be interested in caravaning up to Lyme Rock for the 7th. I intend to go 91N, to 691 to 84 to RT8. I would be willing to change course if a different route was more suitable for others.

Any takers?

I was thinking myself, the Vernon, S. Windsor, and Bolton guy can meet somewhere off 384. Then shoot over to 44 somewhere in Avon or thereabouts & meet up with Clem. From there just stay on 44 until whatever road goes to Lime Rock. The guy in RI may want to take 138 west to meet me 1st (if you are reading this).

Tony

Last edited:
Guys, please check the email you provided to Peter Mills. Also, see the MA caravan thread and please update your profiles to include town & state. Please mention your Prime screen name in any emails you send.

To the guy in NH with comcast email- your email is not valid. To e snyder, your email is also no good. I sent out a BIG email with potential routes & meet up points to the 19 people on the list Peter compiled & sent out.Please try to reach me thru prime or contact Peter to pass along correct info to me.

About the caravan to Lime Rock, I'm from Vernon, my brother from Bolton and our friend fron South Windsor will be taking the day off and going up Friday. Sorry to miss Saturday's ride, but others can join us if they wish. See you there.

I replied to Tony on the email. I'll go wherever. Clem had us meet in the Otis Farmington parking lot in the past for drives. Unsure if that's on the way but I'm also unconcerned as I like to drive...:biggrin:

I will be coming east on 84 and scooting up the taconic if anyone is interested.

it has been brought to my attention by Peter that i'm too late to take part in any of the nsxca events going on at lime rock so i'm reconsidering. i doubt i'll have fun as a spectator.

it has been brought to my attention by Peter that i'm too late to take part in any of the nsxca events going on at lime rock so i'm reconsidering. i doubt i'll have fun as a spectator.

Popsicle, most people go as spectators, very few are participants.
Pete was looking for folks to fill in the ranks. Where were you?
Are you a NSXCA member?

i didn't become active on the forums/nsx scene till i moved down to CT in march. and even then i wasn't frequent till late april/may. i totally understand where he is coming from. i'm not upset by any means. sorry if it came across as such. i just thought this was going to be another nsx stock type event where everyone got to participate. i guess if the majority of folks are spectators then we'll just have to make the spectator lobby more fun than those participating in the corral:tongue: :biggrin:
regards
Desmond.

I don't think I conveyed myself very well.

There were still openings not too long ago and Pete posted about them.

If you are not a member of the NSXCA I hope you consider joining.
NSXPRIME and the NSXCA are not the same.
There are distinct benefits of membership in the NSXCA.
For one, you would have received a mailing on this and other member exclusive events well in advance so you could have participated in the corral. Just because it is discussed on NSXPRIME does not mean it is open to anyone. There also is the NSX Driver magazine which includes many fine articles and NSX specific DYI's as well as discounts from vendors.

I hope you still come and introduce yourself, you're going to love the the folks you meet (they have the same obsession!).
If you come, make sure you say "hi". My car is a red/onyx 1996 with the NY plate "NSXTASY".
Hope to see you there.

I will be coming east on 84 and scooting up the taconic if anyone is interested.

Hey Doc

We can meet at the Park and Ride on the Route 52 Fishkill/Carmel exit. What time do you think is best?

jay

Let me give it some thought Jay.

There were still openings not too long ago and Pete posted about them.

The event was sold out by the deadline date. Just so no one thinks that people are being "excluded", Acura is sponsoring these corrals with a significant financial contribution and this has been done solely for NSXCA members because of Acura's involvement. Additionally, IMSA is limiting the number of attendees in the corral activities so not all NSXCA members will have the opportunity and it was limited to the first 50 cars and their passengers.

Nevertheless, I have gone with several members in prior years where there was no corral and we had a great time watching the races and enjoying the track setting along with tens of thousands of other spectators. There are no grandstands or seating of any kind for that matter so it is different from many tracks because you can walk virtually anywhere and see it from almost every angle at any time during the day.

Let me give it some thought Jay.

If you have a different meeting place in mind that's ok, I'm easy.

Well, not THAT kind of easy, just an easy going guy, you know, uh .....................................

where are we meeting for goodness sakes Doc?!? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Jay check your pm!

:confused: Anyone gathering in CT itself? I've been checking the emails and the post and I don't think I see a round up area in CT (most people getting together prior to entering the beloved state). If anyone is meeting in CT let me know where and when and I'll make an effort to get there (I'm smack in the middle so nowhere is truly convenient.

....as of the moment I may be sitting on RT 8N waiting for NSX's (like a cop):biggrin:

Mike, i think it's just gonna be me and you. it's far easier for me just going up 8 than going way out of my way to regroup with the NYC folks. will call you later today.

Guys,for any of you that have local knowledge I always take 84 E to the taconic(9) up to rt 199 and take it east into sharon millerton ect.Is this better than taking rt 22 north from 84 or is it all a wash?

Well I haven't heard much out of the CT group as far as a meeting place (unless I've missed it). Desmond and I are meeting between 7:30 and 7:45 on RT8 north of Waterbury. If anyone is driving by around that time, I'll have my cell: 203-627-1260.

See you all there,
Mike

Back