Caravan to Lime Rock - ALMS July 11 & 12, 2008

We are only one week away from the ALMS and expect a great turnout for the event. This year Acura has graciously offered to provide a hospitality area for the Friday racing/qualifying as well. We realize it is difficult to take a day off from work but some have already confirmed that they will be going.

EDIT: NEW START TIME

We will be leaving the rest area on Route 684 North in Westchester at 8:30 am both days. This is less than 10 minutes from the I-84 split and those coming from areas east and west of 684 along the I-84 corridor could continue on Route 22 North and wait on the side for us.

Please add your name to the list on each day you plan to attend and travel with the caravan.

Friday July 11:

1. RSO34
2. TonyD
3. Peter Mills and The Lovely Sylvia
4. The Big E and Mrs. The Big E
5. My Rat Bastard Son-in-Law and The OU Go Girl

Saturday July 12:

1. RSO34
2. TonyD
6. Omeganorm (meeting on Route 22)
7. Tytus
8. LarryB (meeting on Route 22)
9. DocJohn (meeting on Route 22)
10. Simon (KingKongNSX) and Andrea
11. The Don and Pooh
12. jh_nsx

Last edited:
I am staying in Danbury on friday night , I am near 84 , where can I meet up with the caravan ?

If you take 84 West you would get off onto Route 22 North, which is the road that 684 North turns into at the end. You can pick any place on the side of 22 to wait for us to come along. We will be leaving from the rest stop which is about 10 minutes from the beginning of 22. If you have a club radio you can check our progress or if you want you can PM your cell.

Friday July 11:

1. RSO34
2. TonyD

Saturday July 12:

1. RSO34
2. TonyD
7. Tytus[/QUOTE]

I'll see ya'll at the rest stop.

Tytus

PLEASE NOTE UPDATED TIME WE WILL LEAVE THE REST AREA

We will depart the rest area on Route 684 at 8:30 a.m. BOTH DAYS which would place us in the vicinity of the Route 22 "secondary meeting point" at approximately 8:40 a.m. This will get us to the track at approximately 9:30 which gives us time to check in and register for the parade laps at a leisurely pace as well as stage the cars in our corral.

Bob,

I will come across 84 to Pawling and get on 22 North. Can we meet by the gas station we have in the past?? This is for Saturday, I will be at work Friday:(.

Thanks,
LarryB

Bob,

I will come across 84 to Pawling and get on 22 North. Can we meet by the gas station we have in the past??

That works out. Norman will be meeting up there coming from the East (Danbury) so we will start getting everyone to the same location on 22 for those using I-84.

Bob,

I will come across 84 to Pawling and get on 22 North. Can we meet by the gas station we have in the past?? This is for Saturday, I will be at work Friday:(.

Thanks,
LarryB

let me know what time you want me to meet you on 84 as i drive east.

let me know what time you want me to meet you on 84 as i drive east.

It is about an hour from me to the 22 North Exit, So I think we should meet on 84 East Exit #4 about 7:15am.

LMK,

Regards,
LarryB

Ok Larry I'll be in touch .

I will join the caravan at the rest stop for both days.

Friday July 11:

1. RSO34
2. TonyD
6. Simon and Andrea

Saturday July 12:

1. RSO34
2. TonyD
7. Tytus
8. LarryB (meeting on Route 22)
9. DocJohn (meeting on Route 22)
10. Simon and Andrea

Bump to see if anyone else is interested in joining us on the caravan. We have 38 cars coming so I would imagine there are a few more that would like to join us on the drive.

I've something to get done tomorrow morning so I will not be joining the caravan.:frown: I will be at Lime Rock a little later.:biggrin:

My father expressed interest in going tomorrow however he dose not have a ticket. (I was planing on going by My self)

I know the tickets were purchased ahead of time, but is there a way to purchase a ticket the day of the race, or is there anyone that purchased a extra ticket. I would be more then happy to compensate you for it.

Thanks,
Chuck

Guys do we have enough pull with alms to have them delay the races and parade laps so I can arrive about noonish:redface::wink:

Is this a bad question to ask where everyone will be parking the nsx's?

If I can free up my schedule tomorrow, I'd like to take a ride out although I remember parking previous cars I've had in the grass and I'm quite sure my car at current ride height won't be too happy to be placed there.
thanks!!
Chris

Really going to miss not being there tomorrow, have a great day, I know that there will be lots of pictures!!!!:frown:

I'm coming and will be there hopefully at 830. EEEK!

FDR drive to the Deegan North
Take Cross County Expressway East from Deegan (you will see the mall on your right)
Take Hutchinson River Parkway North
After seeing signs for 287 stay left and get on Route 684 North
The rest stop is after Exit 8

I ended up staying in CT overnight so I am not going to join the caravan on Saturday either....will see everyone at Limerock.

Back