Caravan to Kids' Day

I will start the thread although I can't post my anticipated time yet. Generally, we head up Route 17 to Watkins Glen and have met Joisey/Pennsylvania types at a rest stop after the 17/81 merge.

Post up the times everyone expects to be on the road and we can coordinate.

Take note that the camp is located north of The Glen so we plan on checking into the hotel and dropping bags before heading out. It is approximately 40 minutes from the hotel to the Camp.

Jan & I expect to leave from NJ (Basking Ridge/Rt 287 exit 30) at about 10 am for a leisurely drive and a stop for lunch.

The Binghamton/rt 17-81 merge is about 160 miles from us, so with lunch, we should arrive there between 1:30 and 2:00 pm.

We can easily adjust our schedule +/- 1 hour for anyone leaving NJ in the morning, or for anyone passing through the 17-81 merge early in the afternoon.

Based on our above schedule, we plan to tour a few wineries around lower Seneca Lake before dinner. Fellow winos are welcome to join us. Note - some of the whites have gotten good reviews; most of the reds suck.

Last edited:
I think we should plan on meeting @noon so we have a chance to hotel and shower before heading out!

not sure about exact time but we will need to leave early so as to get settled and get in some nappy time:wink:

Haven't really heard from anyone other than Roger so it looks like everyone is free to travel as they wish and meet up with anyone they can contact.

I will be in court in White Plains in the morning and plan on coming back to my office to change and leave from White Plains as soon as I get out, but no later than noon and more likely around 11.

More importantly Has anyone figured out a best route or caravan to the camp for dinner Tues :confused:

I will be in working in Jersey in the AM near Newark Airport and hope to get going about 12:00 PM. But I will be driving the P-car so if I see anyone on the road I'll give ya a wave...:biggrin:

Tytus

I'll PM my cell phone # to Bob and Roger. Call me when you hit the road and we can determine if a meet-up is possible.

Jan and I are staying at the Falls Motel. At least my GPS seems to know where the camp is. So, anyone staying at the Falls, leave me a message there and we can caravan to the camp.

Last edited:
I will need to get up there a little early to go up to the camp. I am leaving from my place about 10:00am. Anyone interested LMK.

Regards,
LarryB

I'm also staying at the Falls, and sorry to upset everyone, the NSX is making the trip tomorrow, the new stallion with it's new tires now has a nail sitting in the center of the driver side rear tire and the only guy that I'll let touch the car didn't come in today, and I couldn't get the windshield wipers from Ford on time (strange contraption that has the washer nozzle attached to the wiper), so instead I just checked the tire pressure, put new wiper blades on the NSX, moved the Ipod, the portable nav, and I'm all set to meet tomorrow.
Hopefully the weather forecast of violent thunderstorms is wrong!!!!

drats Roger I wanted to turn a few laps in that beast:frown:

Using DocJohn's uppity hotel as a frame of reference (Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel), the caravan to the camp will be passing the following points at these approximate times:

1. Leave the Falls Motel at 4:00
2. Pass Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel at 4:10
3. Pass Glenora at 4:20

Arrive at camp at 5:00 by taking this route:

1. Start out going NORTH on N FRANKLIN ST / NY-14 toward LINCOLN DR. Continue to follow NY-14 N. go 19.7 mi

2. Turn LEFT onto CITY HILL RD / CR-26. go 3.0 mi

3. Turn LEFT onto RIDGE RD / CR-9. go 0.1 mi

4. Turn RIGHT onto HIMROD RD / CR-1. go 2.2 mi

5. HIMROD RD / CR-1 becomes E MAIN ST. go 0.9 mi

6. Turn LEFT onto NY-54A / ELM ST. Continue to follow NY-54A. go 7.7 mi

7. Turn LEFT onto MAIN ST / NY-54A. Continue to follow NY-54A. go 0.6 mi

8. Turn LEFT onto W LAKE RD.

total 34.2 mi ***

***Mileage calculated from DocJohn's digs.

Camp Good Days & Special Times
Recreational Facility
58 West Lake Road
Branchport, NY 14418
315-595-2779

Last edited:
Bob ..if I was'nt married............:eek:

I'll PM my cell phone # to Bob and Roger. Call me when you hit the road and we can determine if a meet-up is possible.

Jan and I are staying at the Falls Motel. At least my GPS seems to know where the camp is. So, anyone staying at the Falls, leave me a message there and we can caravan to the camp.

I will be meeting Roger at the Ramapo rest stop on the Thruway and I am going to ask the judge to try to get me out by 10:30 which puts us at Ramapo approx. 11:15 but I won't know until I check in with court clerk at 9:30 tomorrow.

I will be meeting Roger at the Ramapo rest stop on the Thruway and I am going to ask the judge to try to get me out by 10:30 which puts us at Ramapo approx. 11:15 but I won't know until I check in with court clerk at 9:30 tomorrow.
FYI, counselor, Ramapo is the southbound service area, it's Sloatsburg on the northbound side!

Back