Caravan to Kid's Day at the Glenn 7/19

For those who are interested in a caravan up, I plan on leaving Westchester at 1:00pm on Wednesday 7/19. This will get us up to the Glenn in plenty of time to check in, clean the car and relax before dinner. Please either pm me your cell or post it when you respond. We can hopefully arrange to "hook up" with those coming up from Jersey as we have in years past. :cool:

I'll be there for both days as well. See you Wednesday! Hope the tornado didn't cause you any harm.

Peter Mills said:
Roger:
Sylvia and I will be leaving 5:00PM tuesday. I'm instructing on Wednesday. So we'll see you Thursday.
Hopefully, I'll see you and the loverly Syvia for dinner on Wednesday night!!!

leavin' del water gap 220pm will hit blinghamton around
340pm, tailwind & leadfeet...:eek:
will get your celly rog.

Bump, am I caravan of 1? Not too much fun, still planning on leaving around 1pm from Westchester, will have club radio with me:eek:

Roger,

I'll be leaving my office in Hunterdon County, NJ around noon, taking 78W, 33N, 80W, 380N, 81N, 17, etc. Unsure as to what time I'll hit 17 but we may see each other. My cell # is 908-295-0065 - I'll be trailering the car up.

My son Brian and I will be going up Wednesday morning.

See ya at Dinner!

LarryB

nsx13 said:
Roger,

I'll be leaving my office in Hunterdon County, NJ around noon, taking 78W, 33N, 80W, 380N, 81N, 17, etc. Unsure as to what time I'll hit 17 but we may see each other. My cell # is 908-295-0065 - I'll be trailering the car up.
That should work out pretty well, I know that you haul a_ _ even when hauling, so I'll try to catch you as I should be hitting 17 around 1:30 ish:biggrin:

How To Avoid The Construction

There is a ten mile stretch of bad roads and construction on Route 17 so here is a better route courtesy of our Senior Member:

NY 17 West to Exit 61 Waverly / Sayre Rte 34 .

Get on 34 north to second stop sign. First stop sign will be immediately after you turn left onto 34 and pass under RR trestle (4-way stop). Go semi-straight through second stop sign (do not turn left even though road sign for 34 points that way). You'll come onto Rte 34N in front of the Guthrie Medical Center. Continue North on 34 , speed limit becomes 55 after you leave Waverly so you can cruise an easy 60 MPH. Plenty of passing zones. You'll then make a left turn onto NY 224 at Van Etten. At this point you're 21 miles from Watkins Glen. You'll join 14 at traffic light next to Relax Inn. From there follow 14 to the Longhouse.

Back