Caravan to Kid's Day 7/14/09

It's time to organize the caravan to Kid's Day. I will be at the Sloatsburg Service Station on route 87 (between exits 15A and 16) at 12:15, and on the road by 12:30. If you'd like to meet me there, please indicate on this thread. We will arrive at the Glen by dinner time!!! Make sure you're gassed and ready to go!!!

1)RPM217
2)RSO34
3)Larry B (will meet us on 17 on the way up)
4)Joe L (same as Larry B)
5)Simon

Last edited:
anyone traveling through the Scranton area via rts 84,81,380,let me know.

John: Our current plan is to head your way leaving about the same time as the RSO/RPM17 caravan.

John: Our current plan is to head your way leaving about the same time as the RSO/RPM17 caravan.

cool beans.I'll pm ya my cell so we can coordinate.

Jan and I will be going that route, but we are leaving NJ (RT80/287 intersection) around 9:30 am on Tuesday. Our plan is to tour the Watkins Glen State Park (nice waterfalls, etc) in the afternoon and then go to the dinner.

Frank

Jan and I will be going that route, but we are leaving NJ (RT80/287 intersection) around 9:30 am on Tuesday. Our plan is to tour the Watkins Glen State Park (nice waterfalls, etc) in the afternoon and then go to the dinner.

Frank
Have a safe drive and we'll see you both at dinner!

Doc,

I will be leaving after a meeting in East Rutherford, NJ so I will be going through Scranton and then Binghamton, where we could catch up to the Caravan, but they are leaving so early I may be behind them.

It is a 4 1/2 hour drive per Mapquest from East Rutherford to the winery. Allowing 5 hours for the trip to include peeing, if I leave by 1:00 PM from NJ I still should make it there by 6:00 PM; dinner is at 7:00 PM.

If you or anyone wants to caravan with me, that is my schedule. I may be able to leave a little bit earlier than 1:00 PM. PM me for my cell number and we can see how my timing is working out.

BTW I have a hard time staying at the speed limit so I usually beet the Mapquest time estimates.

Tytus

PS: Roger, why are you allowing 6 1/2 hour for a 4 hour trip? You must pee more than me :redface:.

Doc,

I will be leaving after a meeting in East Rutherford, NJ so I will be going through Scranton and then Binghamton, where we could catch up to the Caravan, but they are leaving so early I may be behind them.

It is a 4 1/2 hour drive per Mapquest from East Rutherford to the winery. Allowing 5 hours for the trip to include peeing, if I leave by 1:00 PM from NJ I still should make it there by 6:00 PM; dinner is at 7:00 PM.

If you or anyone wants to caravan with me, that is my schedule. I may be able to leave a little bit earlier than 1:00 PM. PM me for my cell number and we can see how my timing is working out.

BTW I have a hard time staying at the speed limit so I usually beet the Mapquest time estimates.

Tytus

PS: Roger, why are you allowing 6 1/2 hour for a 4 hour trip? You must pee more than me :redface:.

Tytus, I don't know about you, but I prefer to check into the hotel and clean up and relax a little before dinner. It's 300 miles and usually takes a little more than 4 hours, and while I don't stay at the speed limit, I don't like attracting more attention from the forces that want to extract more revenue per highway mile, if you get my "drift".
Drive safely and I'll see you at dinner!:biggrin:

tytus ,so far The Don is passing my way so that is our caravan ,we'll try to coordinate as best we can by Tues.

OMG, do we have the RT.17 "7" :D:D:D

If we do, I am giving everyone fair warning that I am going to have to double my pro bono fees this time..........

And to anyone else who happens to find themselves "interacting" with the police just remember the advice I give to all of you predicate felons:

When they give you one phone call, make sure you call for pizza because I will be hungry by the time I come to bail you out.

Last edited:
i've got morning clinical hours,
leaving nj around 130pm....
through wb/scranton around 230pm
and onward...will give you's cellcalls
for updates...first, donnie and doc.
safe travels all. cusoon:biggrin:

The tale of two caravans:

If you leave Point A at 12:30 and we leave Point B at 12:00, we all shall meet at Point C around 3:30.
Well, at least that's the plan.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=binghamton,+ny&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=42.03917,92.724609&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=42.064611,-76.324178&spn=0.004118,0.00544&z=17&iwloc=A

This is the gas station, truck stop and seller of food place directly off of Exit 63 on Rt 17. (which is after you leave Binghamton)
See ya'all tomorrow.
-Don

Back