Car will not start???

Help needed!!!!!. I received a complete SOS interior carbon fiber kit and a set of white overlays for the instruments from my wife for XMAS. What a great lady and a great gift. I figured this would take a few hours to install based on reading previous post. Everything with the installation went as planned. I saved the instrument panel or cluster for last. After carefully removing the instrument panel and installing the carbon fiber and the overlays, I thought everything was great. I re-installed the panel/cluster. Now here come the problems;

1. I attemped to start it, all lights on the panel/cluster come on, but engine will not turn over.

2. Illumination on panel/cluster not working. Yes I did try the switch on dash.

I removed the panel/cluster again to check all connections. I tried resetting the factory alarm and my after market alarm. I even had my alarm guy to come over to check it out. He found no problem with thier alarm. He also tested the starter, when doing so, the engine would turn over but would not start. His said "that the factory alarm was not deactivating". Possible kill switch?

What started out to be an easy project has turned into a nightmare. At this moment I am out of ideas except having the car towed.

Any suggestions?

All 1996 and later 3.5RLs and 1997 and later NSXs have a Type 1 immobilizer system that disables the vehicle unless a programmed ignition key is used. A programmed ignition key is a transponder-type key that has been cut to fit the ignition switch and whose transponder ID code is recognized by the immobilizer system. If you try to start the engine without a programmed ignition key, the engine cannot crank.

You have unpluged something that has caused the Ignition switch to not transpond your key code, or you have caused it to forget your keys programing.

ChopsJazz--- It does not even crank, or does it crank and not fire up?
*** It will not crank

zahntech--- All 1996 and later 3.5RLs and 1997 and later NSXs have a Type 1 immobilizer system that disables the vehicle unless a programmed ignition key is used. A programmed ignition key is a transponder-type key that has been cut to fit the ignition switch and whose transponder ID code is recognized by the immobilizer system. If you try to start the engine without a programmed ignition key, the engine cannot crank.

You have unpluged something that has caused the Ignition switch to not transpond your key code, or you have caused it to forget your keys programing.

***When I purchased the car four years ago the original owner had installed an after market alarm that allowed the car to be started with a non programmed ignition key. I have never had a problem with this til now. I will re-check to see if I unpluged something.

Thanks for responses, I will try again later this week.

loomup said:
***When I purchased the car four years ago the original owner had installed an after market alarm that allowed the car to be started with a non programmed ignition key.

humm...not sure how this is possible..the Immobilizer sends a coded signal to the engine ECU to tell it it's ok to start....I have never seen or even heard of someone being able to subvert this system.

Back