Car Wash & Detailing Business

Everyone,
I am looking to buy a car wash & detailing place here in Southern Cali...if anyone know of one, do let me know. If anyone here is already in the business, share some thoughts please.

Moderator, if this is in the wrong place............move it.

Pooh Bear: If you're looking for a mobile operation, I build and sell detail trailers that are completely self contained. Water, pressure cleaner, generator, hose reel. All Honda equipment, 100 gallons of water and light enough to be pulled by any small truck or car.

I sell the set ups for $2200. Shipping to California should be around $600-700.

Email me at [email protected] if you're interested.

My unit is the 2nd and 3rd ad down.
Showtime

Poohbear "Cleans Up" His Act???

Calvin, you're not looking to start one of those car washes where bikini babes do the car washing, are you? :rolleyes: As if your pooh-mobile isn't enough of a chick-magnet already! :D

Brian...no mobile wash. Just like NEO says, my idea of a washing business would be fixed building w/ hang out spot (starbucks type), babes, and detailing. :D

Brian2by2 said:
Pooh Bear: If you're looking for a mobile operation, I build and sell detail trailers that are completely self contained. Water, pressure cleaner, generator, hose reel. All Honda equipment, 100 gallons of water and light enough to be pulled by any small truck or car.

I sell the set ups for $2200. Shipping to California should be around $600-700.

Email me at [email protected] if you're interested.

My unit is the 2nd and 3rd ad down.
Showtime

This is always a great sounding idea,but I have not seen very many successful hand detail places survive for more than a year.The problem imo is that to do the kind of job the customer would expect for 100-300$ /CAR limmits through-put to the point that most new business owners can't cover overhead,let alone make a living.I think as a business plan the stand alone coin operated places do better for owners.

doc, you are correct on the business plan. Like any business, a plan is mandatory whether you are opening up a ice cream cart or wal-mart. However, if we were to talk about coin-op, it would be too boring for me. Here in Southern Cali....keeping our car clean is like "mandatory":D I've been looking for the last couple of month and found one at 1.5m....but I was a bit late jumping on it. All the good one seems to go quick here.

docjohn said:
This is always a great sounding idea,but I have not seen very many successful hand detail places survive for more than a year.The problem imo is that to do the kind of job the customer would expect for 100-300$ /CAR limmits through-put to the point that most new business owners can't cover overhead,let alone make a living.I think as a business plan the stand alone coin operated places do better for owners.

Have you considered a stand alone detail business without the car wash? As I understand there are a lot of legal requirements, EPA requirements and liability issues associated with a car wash.

I have seen detail companies that are "associated" with car washes. There are also lots of them that have partnered up with gas stations.

Just some thoughts.

I had considered opening a self car wash business last year, until I found out that it would cost me about $800,000 to get going and that is only with 5 self spray bays and one automatic.

added overhead...

hmmm, also there would be the added overhead of the bikini' babes & svelte hostesses at the annex "hang-out spot" who would have to goto Dr.90210 for their own detailing!?! Like you said, you're in Southern California. . . :D

I don't know if you're looking for local, or wouldn't mind buying out of state, but there is a very nice one near my house for sale. It's just what you're looking for I believe. Last I checked it was about 1.4. I'll look into it for you if you like.

Thanks so much for this notice. HOwever, I like to stay local on this one. I love the whether here....and the ladies wouldn't like bikini in the rain or snow. hahahahaa..j/k

White92 said:
I don't know if you're looking for local, or wouldn't mind buying out of state, but there is a very nice one near my house for sale. It's just what you're looking for I believe. Last I checked it was about 1.4. I'll look into it for you if you like.

Back