Car Cover Suggestions when you have a big Spoiler - Wing

I have the APR High Wing (smaller non-widebody size) on my car, and the sharp edges of the spoiler have shredded my car cover. Since I live in Hawaii and don't have a garage, I'm looking for a cover that will fit snug for the wind, be good for sun protection, and also not tear at the sharp edges of the spoiler/wing. Anybody have any suggestions or experience with this? Thanks!

Paul you probably would need to just make a cutout in an existing car cover for the wing. I've seen car covers fit over the Type-R wing but haven't seen one that can get over a really tall wing like yours ~ at least not one that fits snugly.

Paul you probably would need to just make a cutout in an existing car cover for the wing. I've seen car covers fit over the Type-R wing but haven't seen one that can get over a really tall wing like yours ~ at least not one that fits snugly.

I used to use an NSX cover but would put a second rectangle cover that came with my E46 M3 over the wing. It worked for several months, but eventually Hawaii sun and wind tore the NSX cover. Wonder if I should just order a little bigger one from Amazon and hope it lasts.

Consider calling California Car Cover. They'll work with you and do a custom one for a very small up charge fee. Provide some measurements of your spoiler, wait 2-3 weeks, and you're in business!

Consider calling California Car Cover. They'll work with you and do a custom one for a very small up charge fee. Provide some measurements of your spoiler, wait 2-3 weeks, and you're in business!

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try giving them a call.

We have the same problem (however we do not part the car outside) but we use bubble wrap to protect each of the wing's sharp corners prior to applying the car cover. This works pretty well given we park indoors.

The other option is to remove the wing edges or remove the wing completely, probably best bet if I was ever to park outside.

Back