Car check in South Fla. if you please! JH4NA21621T000002

Hello primers in the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood area. Are any of you familiar with Century Motors of South Florida in Pompano Beach? I am bidding on a 2001 Red Targa w/tan int. that is on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=LVI&its=I&otn=1&category=5337#ht_9979wt_1167

The pics look good but, I would appreciate it if a fellow primer could take a peek at it if they are in the area and post-up Please.

Does anyone think the price is too high?

Thanks for any help provided. :biggrin::biggrin:
Regards
Rich

Last edited:
Re: Car check in South Fla. if you please!

Very close to me, and tomorrow I am going to a client on Copans, i might stop there as well :)

Oscar

Thanks Oscar. Would appreciate anything you may see or learn, but Please do not go out of your way. Thanks again.

Rich doing the ebay thing:eek: Good luck, let us know how it works out if you do win the auction.I'm sure at the last moment you will be outbid by the dealer who will then call you to get a few more bucks outa your pocket:rolleyes:

Went there, very nice and strong car, will write about in a bit, am on the road eating some Brazilian food :)

OK this car was one exit after one client so I went to check this beauty :D ...

Car was dusty, but it is a FINE, almost new car

DSC08454.jpg

DSC08451.jpg

Trunk is dry, there's no cracks or leaks on the trunk.

DSC08453.jpg

there's a rock chip

DSC08447.jpg

right here:

DSC08445.jpg

DSC08446.jpg

Interior is basically almost new, see, I bought my NSX with 58K miles and the interior was perfect, BUT, this car's interior is almost new, IT DOES SMELL like new though, it has the leather smell that mine didn't have, also the leather is perforated and TAN, it looks great IMHO

DSC08448.jpg

Rubber was a bit dry

DSC08449.jpg

One scratch here:

DSC08450.jpg

Some rock chips on right fender, nothing so major but a bit annoying for picky people.

DSC08452.jpg

NEEDS NEW FRONT TIRES, the ones now, have some wear in the inside, I would toss them and get new ones, and match them,

====
THE DRIVE

START: Car was off for 2 weeks, started right away, a liiitle lazy, but is just because it wasn't driven in 2 weeks, as the seller told me, by the dust, I can confirm that.

Let the car sit and get warm before went out -with the dealer person-

Gears, smooth very smooth, no weird engaging, stock, normal

Clutch, heavy, very normal Na2 .. no dramas

Speed/performance, this is a stock Na2, it pulls strong, been stock, I do feel some difference between mine with pipes/exhaust/weight removal, but this car was fast, i pushed only once very strong, I had the dealer guy with me, it was very good.

Stock NSX's are sweet, I wish I had a stock and a heavy modified one :)

Suspension: Stock, it travels a bit, that's why is so GT comparing with proper suspension like on mine (TEIN-RA's)

Sound: Quiet, stock exhaust, but inside the cabin is MARVELOUS since you really hear more the engine than the exhaust .....

The dealer guy "Frank" told me they just changed the oil using synthetic, very honest and down to earth.

This car has only 26.7K Miles, IS NEW almost, needs some nice detailing, new tires, and the fun will begin :)

I wish I could buy myself :( hahhaha .. that's all I can say, good luck!

Oscar

OBS: I forgot to mention, it has a "vague" vibration @ low speeds, very very minor, but I felt, I THINK it might be the front tires that are not 100% + maybe an alignment issue .. so, there's a minor vibration but almost none, maybe most people will not even notice, bit I am very picky (I refuse to say I AM "ANAL")

Oscar

nice write up Oscar! Now I know who to turn to if I ever need a Florida car looked at:cool:

OK this car was one exit after one client so I went to check this beauty :D ...

Car was dusty, but it is a FINE, almost new car

Trunk is dry, there's no cracks or leaks on the trunk.

Interior is basically almost new, see, I bought my NSX with 58K miles and the interior was perfect, BUT, this car's interior is almost new, IT DOES SMELL like new though, it has the leather smell that mine didn't have, also the leather is perforated and TAN, it looks great IMHO

Rubber was a bit dry

One scratch here:

Some rock chips on right fender, nothing so major but a bit annoying for picky people.

NEEDS NEW FRONT TIRES, the ones now, have some wear in the inside, I would toss them and get new ones, and match them,

====
THE DRIVE

START: Car was off for 2 weeks, started right away, a liiitle lazy, but is just because it wasn't driven in 2 weeks, as the seller told me, by the dust, I can confirm that.

Let the car sit and get warm before went out -with the dealer person-

Gears, smooth very smooth, no weird engaging, stock, normal

Clutch, heavy, very normal Na2 .. no dramas

Speed/performance, this is a stock Na2, it pulls strong, been stock, I do feel some difference between mine with pipes/exhaust/weight removal, but this car was fast, i pushed only once very strong, I had the dealer guy with me, it was very good.

Stock NSX's are sweet, I wish I had a stock and a heavy modified one :)

Suspension: Stock, it travels a bit, that's why is so GT comparing with proper suspension like on mine (TEIN-RA's)

Sound: Quiet, stock exhaust, but inside the cabin is MARVELOUS since you really hear more the engine than the exhaust .....

The dealer guy "Frank" told me they just changed the oil using synthetic, very honest and down to earth.

This car has only 26.7K Miles, IS NEW almost, needs some nice detailing, new tires, and the fun will begin :)

I wish I could buy myself :( hahhaha .. that's all I can say, good luck!

Oscar
Thanks very much for taking the time to check this car out for me. I really appreciate it. Your description is very thorough and I have a pretty good idea as to how much I should be bidding with these guys. i will give you a call tomorrow as i got home late tonight and just found your writeup.
Thanks again. Regards, Rich :biggrin:

Rich doing the ebay thing:eek: Good luck, let us know how it works out if you do win the auction.I'm sure at the last moment you will be outbid by the dealer who will then call you to get a few more bucks outa your pocket:rolleyes:
Sounds to me like you've been down that road before John? :biggrin:

At least it is not a Chevy or the dealer would be bidding with our TARP $$$. :biggrin:

Thanks very much for taking the time to check this car out for me. I really appreciate it. Your description is very thorough and I have a pretty good idea as to how much I should be bidding with these guys. i will give you a call tomorrow as i got home late tonight and just found your writeup.
Thanks again. Regards, Rich :biggrin:

It's a pleasure! :)

I went ahead and purchased this one Oscar. Thanks again for your help. I'll let you know how the purchase process went with these guys after I receive the car. :smile:
Rich

This is a great read on how the Prime community sticks together and helps one another out.
Car dealers do not stand a chance!
Great looking '01. These are few and far between. One of the most rare years of NSX.
Congrats on the purchase.

This is a great read on how the Prime community sticks together and helps one another out.
Car dealers do not stand a chance!
Great looking '01. These are few and far between. One of the most rare years of NSX.
Congrats on the purchase.
Thanks. :smile: You got that right Warren. Primers rock!

Is your 96 for sale or your joining the owns 2 NSX club.
Hi Mike,
Have not decided yet, but because you were the first to ask, you will be the first I will notify.

Why? Are you looking to unload the convert, or do you want to be joining the owns 2 NSX club? :biggrin::biggrin:
Rich

How did I miss this thread? Congrats Rich! I see a sale coming in your future as the 96 will get no love after you drive the 01. :biggrin:

Back