Can't find info on buying used NSX

I'm sorry, I tried searching through wiki/search button and I couldn't find the answer I needed. I need a full complete specific list of what to check for when buying a used 1991 NSX. i know the car isn't in snap ring range. If I get a PPI done on it, would that pretty much cover everythign I need to know and I wouldn't have to check up on the NSX myself? Sorry again, I know there has to be info but I just couldn't find it for some reason..

Thanks for any info,
Tony

there are plenty of threads right below yours in this forum that discuss what to look for when purchasing an nsx. if you can't find information on something as simple asthis, you need to search harder, or learn how to search better.

a PPI will catch most issues, but if there are no maintenance records, be ware.

check for:
timing belt/wp service.
clutch service.
recharged ac.
window regulator fix.
stereo fix.

those are two big ones that will cost a good amount.

i saw your other introduction post.
i just want to reiterate statements made by other members.

can you really afford an nsx at this moment, since you are so young? the payments will be a lot, along with insurance. also, remember that you'll be getting a pretty old car (most likely 15+ years) and items do need to be replaced. with a car that at msrp was quite expensive, do not expect any items for the nsx to be cheaply replaced. also, although it is a honda and will be reliable, it most likely will not be as 'maintenance free' as your 2008 civic, and will also cost considerably more...

education is the best thing you can really invest in now, with the economy dancing all around and job security never quite assured. think about tuition payments for undergrad (i wouldn't put $120K out of the question for 4 years of undergrad) and then you're considering med school? this would put you into your late 20's/early 30's before you're done with school...not to mention large amounts of money spent. the things "tyransx" spoke of in your other thread are completely true. there's a lot more i can go into as i am 23 now making the sound financial decision and waiting on the purchase until i can easily afford everything that comes with owning a car with the status of the nsx...

Last edited:
If you go into the "wiki" portion of this site you can find a complete sign off checklist for the inspection of the NSX from top to bottom.
I printed one up awhile ago just for reference in the future as i'm used to having a complete check list from aviation.
It really helps you do a complete inspection and not skip anything.

Cheers
nigel

Back