Cannonball runs: Illegal??

I was thinkin...I want to put together a cannonball run locally. I think it would be very successful and a fun oppurtunity. I'm not exactly going to do a cannonball run. I will find a way to work out a non-liability agreement with each contestant. It will be more like that race that went on a few months ago up in NJ. I can't remember the name, but more than racing, people had to find clues and what not along the way to reveal the final ending point. I think that is how I would avoid the whole racing issue...it would no longer be a "contest of speed" but rather intelligence (we all know speed still comes into the picture big time).

Any suggestions as to whether or not i need insurance, a license, permits, or what not??

Thanks

I have been on a few of these runs.
You don't need a license, or permits. But I would get some really good insurance, just in case.
This summer there are going to be 3 big Rally's across the US, with in 2 weeks of each other. Running verry close to each other.

The Players Run, NY to LA. June 5th to the 12th
The Bull Run, LA to Miami. June 4th to the 11th
AKA rally, Philly to LA. June 12th to 17th

The Race that I think you are talking about was a Running of the Bulls east.
It was a drive up to Vermont to see the new Lambo.

After this year I think they are going to crack down on these rally's, there are to many of them and someone is going to get really hurt.

prova4re said:
I have been on a few of these runs.
You don't need a license, or permits. But I would get some really good insurance, just in case.
This summer there are going to be 3 big Rally's across the US, with in 2 weeks of each other. Running verry close to each other.

The Players Run, NY to LA. June 5th to the 12th
The Bull Run, LA to Miami. June 4th to the 11th
AKA rally, Philly to LA. June 12th to 17th

The Race that I think you are talking about was a Running of the Bulls east.
It was a drive up to Vermont to see the new Lambo.

After this year I think they are going to crack down on these rally's, there are to many of them and someone is going to get really hurt.

Do you know prices to compete in these events?

AkaRally.com...................USA.....1,500
Gumball3000.com............UK.......14.500
Players Run.com..............USA.....11.900
Cannonballeurope.com....UK.......7,000 or so.
Bullrun.com.......................USA....7,400.00 pounds
Torpedorun.com...............GER.....9,860 Euros.

More info for the Players Run here.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29433

Last edited:
Are any of these actual races with a prize and all or are they just "cruises" basically?

What I want to do will have a $2500-$5000 prize for the first person to find the "hidden location" and $1500-$2500 for the 2nd and $500-$1500 for 3rd....but once again, I'll have to keep from advertising a "race" but more of a "scavenger hunt" type deal

I didn't know they still did Cannonball Runs, but if they still do, I want this guy on my team. Remember him from the movie?:D

Attachments

• cball5.jpg
    cball5.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 384
The Gumball is a flat out race, and gives away a few trophies.

The Cannonball is also a flat out race, and gives away a plate to the winner.

The Players Run is not a race, it a rally to 4 or 5 different race tracks. Were they do race. There is no trophies.

The Bull Run is new this year.
The guys who were running the Gumball split up, and started the Bull run. I would expect it to be a flat out run.

AKA is also new this year, formed buy a few guys who went on the Gumball and decided they could do it cheaper.
This is a young rally, avg age is about 18 to 25 years old.
No trophies.

Torpedo Run is also new this year, a guy who helped out on the Players Run last year started his own rally. Flat out run.

Cannonball Run Europe is changing names for 2005.

It will now be Cannonball Run Canada!!!!

See anyone there?

Cheers

Albert
shoot.gif

I will see you there or here in this case, I like your web site. ;)
Thanks for the video.
Later Brian.

prova4re said:
I will see you there or here in this case, I like your web site. ;)
Thanks for the video.
Later Brian.

No worries!

I keep updating them so stay tuned. Currently i have Gumball 3000 2003 Africa Stage on there as Episode 3 Parts 1&2.

Next week they all get nicked going into Barcelona!

I will have this years Cannonball Run Europe My Movie on late Sept time. So stay tuned!

Cheers!
drink.gif

Albert

Carguy! said:
I guess I need to see that movie again! I don't remember that scene, and those types of things I normally do remember.

It was Farrah Fawcett. It was a scene where she got picked up by the ambulance and Dom DeLuise was driving and asked her about it. She said she never wears panties. The look on Dom's face was priceless!

guess I need to see that movie again! I don't remember that scene, and those types of things I normally do remember

I hear that!

Australia had a canonball run in the northern territory(previously no speed limit), but a japanese ferrari driver totalled his car and died and that was the end of that.

Back