• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can You Raed tihs?

I wonder if its true...
---------------------------
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Vizal said:
I wonder if its true...
---------------------------
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Yes, it's true!
Many studies have proven it.
The key is to have enough supporting words accompanying so as to allow the reader to assimilate an intended meaning or trend of thought.
One misspelled word taken out of context can be misunderstood, misconstrued, or misinterpreted.

Example of single word confusion-

Ojas said:
Do a search for "Aoccdrnig"
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Deuce B said:
Cool. I neevr knwe taht. But yse, it wsa vrey esay to raed.
Good example of how Trend of Thought works...
Abstract assimilation and interpretation.
If we actually read every letter it would take much longer to understand and process the thought that is being conveyed. The brain is an amazing processor- it can process the abstract. When computers can process abstract information it will be a huge breakthough. When that happens then computers will truly think and not just process characters. It may happen sooner than we know....

Vizal, I see what you mean now. There are actually two searches: The generic site-wide that uses google (near the bottom of the page) and the one that’s built into and specific to the forums (near top of the page next to User CP, FAQ, Members List...). The latter is what you want to use when searching for posts.

bloody he11 !!!

hmmm... If I get another one of these Cambridge email thingies, oh man there will be some major beat-down ensuing! Who else keeps getting these type of fwd's from friends/coworkers/family?!? Grrr... :mad:

(I wonder if there is an auto-reply I can toggle on for "certain" kinds of emails I receive... which of-course will lay the verbal smackdown in cyberland w/o getting my hands dirty)

Back