• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can someone Photo shop a engine cover in Silverstone,installed concidering painting mine.

My supercharged Silverstone car came with the Comptech engine cover . The fabric pocket for the Targa top gave out long ago so I am revamping it.
I removed the old fabric and a bunch of old rubber cement that held it on. About 2 hours to get the glue off. I now have a smooth fiberglass surface on the Comptech cover. Its black on the engine side.
I can try to cover it with a Black vinyl, or paint it black, OR I just thought of maybe doing it in Silver.
So has any one painted one body color..?
Can someone photo shop one painted Silverstone installed on a car.

Attachments

• IMG_5315.jpeg
    IMG_5315.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 21
A quick way to kinda see what that would look like would be to lay aluminum foil on the cover (dull side up). Obviously it won’t match silverstone, but will give you a good idea what changing from black to silver would look like in person.

If you paint the cover silver or any high reflectivity color, under the right conditions (angle of the sun) I think you may be in for some pretty serious glare / reflections off the inside of the back hatch glass which may reduce visibility out the back. Perhaps give it a test with a large sheet of white paper under various angles of illumination from the sun to see what it is like. I think there is a reason why Honda used a black flock on the engine cover which gave a matte finish.

So I used flat black VHT plastic paint and it looks ok. But looking closer the fiberglass structure shows in a few places.
I would like a uniforn surface and will concider an upholstery material or a wrap of some type. The cover has a lot of topography and is not a flat surface so "the material" needs to be able to stretch some.
Any thoughts on that?

Attachments

• IMG_5326.jpeg
    IMG_5326.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5325.jpeg
    IMG_5325.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 5
Back