• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can Someone Lend a hand to a Colorado Member getting tires in Boston on 9/28/2010?

Northeasterners

I am in Bar Harbor, ME, on my quest of driving my NSX in all 48 states. I am up to 45 today.

I need to get two rear tires in Boston tomorrow, Tuesday the 28th. I need 2 BF Goodrich gForce SuperSport A/S 255/45 ZR 17s. (It can -- and does -- snow 12 months of the year in Colorado. They have to be all seasons.)

Can someone point me to a tire dealer near I-95 that can fix me up with these for a good price? If I can get a phone number, I'll call them from Bar Harbor to order them. With any kind of luck they can get them delivered for a "pit stop" installation.

I'm going out for dinner. Please respond to this thread.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Try Sullivan Tire at (617) 731-2200, they have locations all over the Boston and metro-Boston area.

-Wick

There is a Direct Tire and town fair tire off of 95 on Route 1 or the "Auto Mile" as they call it, if anyone is going to stock the tires or get them fast its going to be one of these guys theyre about 5 minutes apart

Direct Tire
978 Boston Providence Tpke
Norwood, MA 02062
(781) 255-0700

Town Fair Tire
75 Providence Highway
Walpole, MA 02032
(508) 668-0181

The town fair is Next door to the Acura Dealer Ship if you need any small maintenace done before you continue your quest. I hope this is of help to you :smile:

Many thanks to you both. I'll get on the phone in the morning and get it worked out.

MA will be number 46 -- will only have RI and CT to finish the 48. It is a lot faster here than out in my part of the country, where the states can be 500 - 800 miles in one dimension!

Thanks again.

Mark

Here is the shakeout. Nobody in Boston was able to locate the tires I needed in a timely manner, even though I called a day earlier.

I wound up going to the Tire Rack distribution center in Windsor, CT (just north of Hartford) to pick them up directly. I had them installed at a tire shop about 10 minutes away, and I am now a happy camper.

Thanks again for your help.

Mark

P.S. I have now completed driving in all 48 contiguous states in my NSX. Not important, but pretty cool all the same.

Excellent... glad it worked out for you, and congratulation on the 48 States!! . I pick up all my TireRack tires at that location, since it opened less than a year ago... it's cheaper than shipping!!

-Wick

Back