Can someone help me with part ordering?

Hi All, it is frustrated when i found that i can get the exact same parts from the USA Honda/Acura for alot less money but the shipping is killing it. For the last few years i have been using an online OEM Honda Acura parts source in the USA for my Honda/Acura parts but recently i tried to source some new parts to replace my broke handle. I found their shipping and handling charge has double that really piss me off. The handle itself only cost $45 each but shipping cost is $60 which insane to be honest. Sometime i hope i have relative or friend in the USA to help me source and ship the parts. Thanks for reading.

I don't think it would make any difference.

The problem is, shipping rates from the United States to Hong Kong (or to anywhere else overseas) are high. And they are almost certainly MUCH higher than shipping rates from Hong Kong to the United States, based on some amazingly low purchases I've made from vendors there. So it's quite possible that U.S. Acura dealers are simply passing along the shipping rates they have to pay, which anyone who bought the parts and shipped them to you would also have to pay.

You can look up rates for shipping from the United States to Hong Kong on the websites for the United States Postal Service as well as FedEx and UPS, although in my experience the latter two consistently cost more for overseas shipments. For example, let's say you have a package of parts that weighs 5 pounds. The minimum charge for shipping that package through the post office is $47.95, plus $3-6 for insurance.

Rates are less for small parts, but the package must be under 4 pounds. And even then it's probably going to cost $20-30 or so for shipping, unless you're talking about something truly light weight (a few ounces in a padded envelope).

For small parts purchases, you're almost certainly better off buying them from a dealer in HK, because of the shipping. Large parts will depend on the trade-off of savings on the purchase vs higher shipping rates, but as you can see, anything of significant weight is going to be expensive to ship. In which case, having someone do it for you rather than having the dealer do it isn't going to make much difference.

I know what you are talking about. The basic brokerage and handling fees charged by courier services shipping parts from the US to Canada make it uneconomic to source parts from the US that cost less than $100 if you can source them locally. Last time I went to the local dealer, they did not even have an NSX oil filter in stock so I don't get to source too many OEM parts locally!

Try Dali Racing. He ships using the US postal service which is normally a lot less expensive than a courier service (unless you use the expedited service), especially for small parts. The basic parcel postal service is slower than a courier, so don't do this if you are in a hurry. However, as noted by nsxtasy, even the basic postal service charge from the US to HK may make it uneconomical to source smaller cost parts from North America.

I know some (a lot?) of people have had customer service problems with Dali. However, I have used him on a number of occasions for OEM and some other basic parts and have not had any problems. If you don't want to use Dali, see if the other on-line suppliers will give you the option of using parcel post rather than courier service. Its the courier's basic handling and brokerage fees that can be a killer for lower cost items.

Bummer. If you posted this a month ago, I could have gotten the parts and brought them over to you in HK as I was just there last week.

Shipping to HK from the US is very expensive. I have sent quite a few things in the past few years, and shipping what would have cost ~$25usd from east coast to west coast was closer to $150 when shipped to HK. Just how it is I guess...

Last edited:
if it will be cheaper you can have them shipped to my office in the US and I can ship them for you to HK. Should only be a few lbs and not cost that much.

Guys pls be aware, DO NOT use GT-Rom. They are the worst people possible.

I tried them, gave the guys my parts number on the things I wanted to order, plus some other after market stuff.

Basically the guy sent over wrong OEM parts and missing some after market parts which I ordered. When you then go back to him and he is not able to push the blame onto you he then dissappears and does not reply, so pls do not use GT-Rom.

Back