Can I request the seller to do the PPI?

Suppose I ask a seller to do a PPI, how do I verify what he gives me is true? Does the buyer usually accompany the seller to the Acura dealer?

No, it's not necessary (and may not be feasible, if you're in a different state) to accompany the seller to the dealer. Depending on the circumstances, if you requested the PPI, then you should contact the NSX tech or dealer directly to arrange payment and obtain the results.

You can request the seller do a PPI for you, worst thing he can say is no.

If he does pay for it, make sure he lets the tech know to give you the results directly. Otherwise, the seller can just say everything was okey dokey.

Ask for the report - the Acura dealer has a specific form that is filled out with all the areas (85, I think) that are checked, and the tech either checks them off or writes comments. The tech fills this out, not the seller, so simply request the results.

If the potential buyer is out of town, the seller should be willing to take the car to the dealer who is doing the inspection. However, it's customary for the potential buyer to pay for the inspection.

I remember one such situation where myself and rpm went to inspect a vehicle for a potential buyer and it was given a clean bill of health ..... but upon my inspection with rpm it was obvious that the car had alot of paint work and was clearly visable by the overspray in the wheel wells as well as deep inside the front grate.

Maybe its just me, but I would rather pay. The person who pays the dealership is who they are trying to please, and I want them working for me. An unbiased conversation with the tech that inspected my potential NSX is definitely worth a couple hundred bucks.

My $.02

Ah thanks for the reply. I had a couple more questions.

Does the PPI include suspension check?

Also I'm assuming I have to call the Acura dealership to set up an appointment to bring it in for a PPI too right?

Damage said:
Ah thanks for the reply. I had a couple more questions.

Does the PPI include suspension check?

Also I'm assuming I have to call the Acura dealership to set up an appointment to bring it in for a PPI too right?

The PPI doesn't include an alignment if that is what you are asking. They just look for signs of damage.

And yes, you have to call to set the appt. up. Acuransxpilot makes a good point about cosmetic damage. Having someome knowledgable about the nsx look at the car can provide cosmetic details vs. the Acura tech just looking at the mechanicals.

As the potential buyer, you decide on the place to do the inspection, and you pay for it.

If the seller needs to transport the car to and from the dealer - which is usually the case - then the seller should be the one making the appointment.

Back